Post your favorite horror movies here.

Oh, and Orphan freaked me out for a couple days…

Murder On The Orient Express scared the heck out of me. But JUST the beginning… :o

It’s not that scary, but a classic.
" attack of the the eye creatures". I Like it because they screwed up the editing, so on the title screen it says “the” twice. Google it.

Young Frankenstein is one of my favorites.

Yet, I seem to remember something having to do with smile dog…

Now listen to me very carefully, don’t put the candle back!

If you’re interested in watching genuinely good horror films, those with great stories, beautiful cinematography, and more than cheap scares, I can recommend a few that I think are exceptional. I’m extremely picky when it comes to horror because 90% of it is absolute trash. When I find one horror film that makes me think about it weeks after (and most of all, if I want to rewatch it to catch all the nuances), I want to tell everyone about it.

Neil Marshall’s The Descent is excellent because it doesn’t turn out the way you’d expect it to. It’s also an all-female cast (mostly), which is a refreshing break from the sickly generic college-aged group of couples that usually make up the characters. Not to mention, the cave atmosphere is dark and claustrophobic, adding to the terror.

Alexandre Aja’s High Tension is unique and psychological. And again, it doesn’t turn out the way you’d expect it to. There are several holes in the plot, but the twist is certainly worth it.

Juan Antonio Bayona’s The Orphanage is probably my favorite because it has the best story of all the ones on this list. It’s infused with bits of Spanish culture and a simple yet eerie (oftentimes beautiful) atmosphere.

My last recommendation is Michael Dougherty’s Trick 'r Treat. It should be a lot more popular than it is, but it’s got a great following. It’s an anthology film that’s stitched together perfectly, and I notice something new every time I watch it. Now, I’m practically just peering into the background instead of focusing on what’s onscreen. I make a note to watch this every Halloween because it’s so fun.

If any of you watch or have watched any of these films, I’d love to hear your thoughts and perhaps open a discussion. I’m always looking for fellow horror fans.

when you ay “the ring series” are you talking about Wagner’s “Ring of the Nibelung?”

I’m betting that he’s referring to Gore Verbinski’s The Ring.

The best movie ever! NILBOG!!!

i think i mentioned that in the ■■■■■■■ forums before it got closed. Still haunts me to this day.

Saw 1 & 2 the other ones just lost its touch and focused more on gore than the story. And the strangers that one gave me the creeps.

Poltergiest 1, the other 2 are BS.

And i also like the paranormal activity seires.