Favorite Halloween-time movies?

A few channels have started airing scary movies a big chunk of the time. Does anyone have any favorite scary / horror movies they watch every October? I don’t really watch-watch them closely anymore but like them on in the background or to semi-watch while working on art or throwing - any in the following series: Halloween, Friday the 13th, Joy Ride, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Wrong Turn. The first and second Jeepers Creepers is great and I’m really happy The Walking Dead and World Beyond are going to be on Sunday night…

3 Likes

I’m more fueled by nostalgia and as a kid I hated scary movies. I’m still a bit of a baby in this regard, I like creepy/ unnerving/spooky stuff like The VVitch over any of the gory stuff or movies where people watch for the kills.

Anyway, some of my favorites this time of year are the Halloweentown series (I’m not afraid to say it) , Hocus Pocus, the Depp Sleepy Hallow movie, the Witch, Shaun of the Dead, 28 Days Later, Nightmare Before Christmas.

1 Like

The Conjuring and The Conjuring 2

2 Likes

I don’t like gore either. I like movies that mess with your head like Blair Witch Project and Blair Witch Project: Book of Shadows.

1 Like

I don’t seek them out, but I appreciate classics like Halloween. I enjoy zombie stuff like 28 Days Later and George Romero films. I don’t even mind the dawn of the Dead remake. Shaun of the Dead if that counts here.

2 Likes

Every day is halloween. My house looks like a Halloween store year round. As for movies my girlfriend and I have been watching all the Halloween movies and anything past 5 is so bad. Hey let’s have busta rhymes kick the shape in the nuts and then kill him.

3 Likes

Poltergeist! And The Thing (1982)

1 Like

Oh my god The Thing is incredible, huge Carpenter fan.

4 Likes

So good! It was one of the first scary movies I saw haha probably too young as well but I love it!

1 Like
5 Likes

the original ‘the changeling’

the original ‘psycho‘

1 Like

@codinghorror and @fatguysnacks247 beat me to my first and second, but my third is definitely The Addams Family (1991).

3 Likes