Favorite Movies

Title says it all. What are your favorite movies? I’m watching a classic and one of mine right now, everyone should know this one!

6 Likes

i’m a film classics guy, so here’s my list of favorites

star trek: wrath of khan

invention for destruction

metropolis

seven samurai

godzilla

yojimbo

the thing (john carpenter)

the bad sleep well

high and low

trafic (tatí)

6 Likes

saw this for the first time when i was 14 and immediately loved it

3 Likes

4 Likes

I just watched that the other day, great movie!

2 Likes

I’m gonna have to thumb through my movie collection but I think it goes:

Stand-alone movies: Jurassic Park, Coraline, 2001: A Space Odyssey, The Thing, The Lego Movie, IT (both versions), All Quiet on the Western Front, Full Metal Jacket.

Trilogies: The Lord of the Rings, The Dark Knight and Andy Serkis’s Planet of the Apes.

Also a huge Star Wars and A24 horror fan so those find their way into the Blu-ray binder. I’ll watch any old b horror movie and love cheese fests like Killer Klowns from Outer Space or The Langoliers. Add Terrifier to that list. I love Art. I guess creepy clowns in general.

3 Likes

Redline is one of my top movies. Painstakingly hand-animated and really fun. Another incredible movie is the 2008 Speed Racer. John Goodman as Pops :kissing_heart: :ok_hand: Somehow two of my top movies are racing movies even though I’m not really into racing or cars, these movies are just such a good time.

2 Likes

Kill Bill

2 Likes

I loved Redline for years but every time I would rewatch it I’d like it less and less. The characters are so boring and anything related to trying to build the world/characters/plot just makes the pace screech to a halt. When there’s action happening it’s 10/10, and when there’s not it’s like a 5/10.

My favorite movie is probably Lupin III The Castle of Calgiostro. I prefer animated stuff generally. Although it’s been years since I’ve really watched anything, it’s hard for me to want to sit down for two hours and just watch a movie or show any more.

I think the last movie I saw that I really enjoyed was Tangled. I only saw that for the first time a few years back. I also really liked the first Spiderverse movie too despite not liking superhero stuff. I haven’t seen the recent one though. I’ve heard mixed things about it, and it seems more tropey/in line with the typical MCU style stuff, which I have zero interest in. Maybe it’s good though, I just don’t have any interest in seeing it.

3 Likes

I love movies, watched tons of them in the most various scenarios and places.
Those are some of mine fav but the list is long:

Gummo

The virgin suicides

Whiplash

Amici miei

L’ imperatore di Roma

4 Likes

John Wick movies…

Phantasm.

Halloween.

Nobody.

Hateful Eight.

Gran Torino

Water World.

Shooter

4 Likes

shawshank-redemption-1200
3595664-0

Goodfellas
The Matrix
The Shawshank Redemption
Pulp Fiction
Fight Club

4 Likes

Lol I hate going on here and saying I don’t like what other ppl like but Gummo might be my least favorite movie I’ve ever seen. Do I want to watch kids killing cats? No. This is all opinions and I respect yours but harmony korine is like the shock jock of movies. I like to finish movies and feel good, not sick and sad and his movies make me feel terrible! Hah gummo is definitely an emotionally impactful movie and one of the most hardcore films I’ve ever seen so I get it. I just don’t like feeling the way his movies make me feel…Whiplash was fire.

Also at the anime heads I want to add Akira to my picks and ghost in the shell…the 90s hand painted version…

Do not worry Henry, no disrespect at all as we are talking about tastes.
I am a bit the opposite of you in this sense, I like movies that leave me with some “bitter” in my brain and usually negative feelings (I mean for negative I can also say melancholy, sadness and similar stuff) also because I like to think about what I just watched a lot and usually a “Hollywood comedy” is far from it (not all time but 90% of it yes).
Gummo is not the weirdest movie I have ever seen at all, I actually publish that cause it is somewhat “safe” except maybe couple of scenes, there are more difficult ones to digest that I appreciated for plot, photography or similar (Kynodontas is one of them that I really love) which has a more powerful and weird topic than Gummo even without show much on screen.
About directors Bergman is probably one of my favourites ever if we speak about cinema d’essai and than also Monicelli for what concern Italy (his movies are a sort of tragic comic most of the time and so was his end).
If you have the chance and you in for something different I advice to you “La grande abbuffata” by Ferreri a majestic movie with so much more deep sense that what show in the movie itself or basically everything from Pasolini (which back then was famous to shock Italy with in my opinion very smart movies and plots).
Even The virgin suicides that I posted is a great one that actually made me fall in love with cinema when I was 16, the book which is based off is great too.

About the judgment do not worry, I am really open and I can understand why some stuff sometimes are hard to digest :joy:

3 Likes

Spinal Tap: One of my favorite comedies:
This Is Spinal Tap - Rotten Tomatoes
… this one goes up to eleven.

Not for everyone certainly but a very underrated movie

2 Likes

All-time favorite movie

2 Likes

I wanna add the Dark Knight trilogy to my favorites but more specifically the second one in general. Heath Ledger was the best Joker and it’s not even particularly close, (older folks are gonna be mad I didn’t say Jack or Cesar, kids gonna be mad I didn’t say Hamill, sorry).

1 Like

It was probably all the casual racism that put people off

2 Likes

That is exactly the reason, and I totally understand it. There are certain shows and movies I won’t watch because they’re wildly offensive in one or more ways

1 Like