Poor YoYo's : (

I only have 1 ding on my New Breed (But i think it’s a factory thing, there’s a little flat part on the metal rim… it doesn’t look like i could have done something that flush by hitting it on the ground) but it doesn’t affect play at all. now my old plastics from wal-mart and toys r us are beat to heck. because i don’t really care about a 5 dollar throw all that much.

p.s. ed, are you a Lit major? because you should be if you can wright something that profound and deep about a mere yo-yo. good on ya mate.

I got a DM(my first metal rimmed yo-yo) for Christmas, and right now, I only want to do it over soft ground, or a carpet, so if the string breaks, then then hopefully it won’t get any scratches or dents, but otherwise I would use my Legacy, because I never had a metal rimmed yo-yo before, so I don’t want to get any dents or scratches anytime soon, but if I do, sure I will feel bad, I will still play with it.

we’re not on this planet very long at all, and how we spend what time we have is not trivial. i’ve spent a big chunk of my life playing yo-yo. it’s not something that i do idly or to ‘kill time’. the endeavors to which we commit our time are worth careful consideration.

I was yoyoing at the mall yesterday on this little platform under the escalator, and swung my NEW DV888 a little too high and hit the overhang. I looked at it and saw the paint from the overhang left a white streak along the edge. F&%$!! I was so pissed. but it rubbed right off, no damage whatsoever. I was mad for about 1.5 seconds.

The bottom line is this: Are you getting yoyos to start a museum, or to play with them.

Almost all of my yoyos are beaters, but I do try to keep a couple mint.

A lot of people are REALLY upset when they ding a yoyo, and that is okay too.

I’m not trying to say you shouldn’t get a new yoyo, just decide carefully :wink:

Dings show what you’ve gone through. LOL

for like the first 2-3 weeks i have my new yoyo im like man i cant get a ding in this but after the 2-3 weeks i dont really care LOL

my night moves 5 broke in two weeks

How did it break?

Are you reselling or collecting these yoyos? If you are then you shouldnt, necessarily, be playing them anyways. If you arent either of those then treat it like the toy that it is!

My worst day(in yo-yo) was on the first day i got my marmot. The first throw, i got a nice ding because the string broke. Now i look back at it and see how far i’ve come.