Polyester Yoyo String

Im not an advanced player yet, so i wanted to know which string is better - Poly Brazilian, or poly yoyonation
This forum is sponsored by YoYoExpert, an online yoyo store.
Please don’t link to other online stores.

I dont think ive ever worn through a string, except for one all cotton string, but ive gone through about 10 so far in half a year because of knots
i get a lot of the knots from the plastic whip trick which i cant seem to figure out
ive watched andres video a lot of times and even in slo mo
any help on that would be appreciated

buy them from here or a forum user like me, jamesofyo(yo?), and some other people

At this stage, as long as it’s a good polyester string, it shouldn’t matter. All of those are good. Later, you might start developing preferences for specific string, but I survived on YYE string for a year.

you shouldn’t link other stores.

i would recomend what is cheaper, if same price, look at shipping costs. get a large pack that will last months.

i know what you mean for whips. if you do it a cirtain way, you end up in a wrist whip mount rather than a one handed trappeeze. play with the strings and you will find out what causes what.

^^^ That’s because the forum was kindly hosted by YYE, and we wish to encourage the sales of their products, or at the very least, not promote other stores, unless the yoyo is a special edition to their store, or YYE doesn’t have the yoyo company at all. I think the strings might be allowed because they aren’t on here. ^^^

But in the spirit of the above, 100 pack YYE string will be good.

The important thing to remember here is that YYE string and Highlights are essentially the same thing. So ultimately what it boils down to is YYE (standard poly) vs Brazilian. Brazilian strings used to receive a lot of praise when I first joined the community about 2 years ago, and probably for a while beforehand as well. There are two main differences that you’ll notice that make Brazilian string different from standard poly:

1. Brazilian is slightly thinner than regular poly. This is the more obvious of the differences between them. This works well especially when trying to allow for more string layers in your yo-yo’s gap and gears towards slightly less response.

2. Brazilian string is actually wound differently than standard poly string. Brazilian string may also be referred to as “type 10” or 1x10 string. What this means is that 1 single thread is wrapped 5 round trips around 2 endpoints and spun all together (since 5 trips * 2 lengths of string per round trip = 10). Standard poly string is 3x2 or type 6 string, meaning 3 separate strands consisting of 1 round trip each, spun separately and then all together.

What this all boils down to is that Brazilian strings hold tension differently than standard polys. When you first slap on a fresh Brazilian, it will hold a suicide/slack loop excellently. But after extended usage, my experience has shown that the string’s overall ability to maintain good string tension dwindles drastically, making these suicides and slacks increasingly more difficult. Standard poly on the other hand I find to be a great all-around string. Its suicide loops aren’t quite as good as a fresh Brazilian, but it will play far better for much longer. After almost 2 years of trying nearly every major boutique string I could find, my personal preference is standard poly all the way.

TL;DR version: Go with YYE string. I find it to be a much better value than Brazilian (not to mention the fact that you’ll literally never see them in stock at the store you linked to) and you’ll save yourself at least $1 in shipping.

String is string. Polyester is the most basic string in advanced 1A play. There may be other fancy strings like Gator Floss, and those other custom strings but in my opinion: If you can dodge a wrench you can dodge a ball. This concept applies to string also. Any string will work and don’t think too much about it. I would love to encourage the purchase of strings from this website due to the quality of service and the fact that this awesome forum is hosted by it.

Also, don’t throw your string away because of knots. One of the things a true yo-yoer should know is undoing knots. This will save you a lot of money in string money as you won’t go through them as fast and you will learn a new handy skill in everyday life.

Nah, it’s not. Parts is parts…

I also heard about g-string and one drop chaos strings.
I tried to find the chaos ones, but they weren’t on one drops site.
Is there any site you get free shipping on?
I also wanted some yyj thick lube (for my brother - he just began, so i gave him my old yoyo to use, but he wants a responsive yoyo) to go with the order (if there isn’t free shipping anywhere).
Where can i get both at the same site.
I might just go with YYE string cause its the only one in stock.

I would just get 100 YYE strings, and some thick lube. 100 poly strings will last you until you can start making your own preferences of play style and yoyos, so that if you want to get more expensive boutique string you can. Shipping isn’t going to be free anywhere so just get what’s here. Also, a substitute to thick lube is 3in1 oil. Most people have that at home, so you could check your garage.

If you like a slightly longer string, YYE is perfect.

I switch between my Orange YYE string, and my Lime Green TheYoStore String. Both are 100% poly, and both are amazing.