Poll on fail rate of strings.

I have a blasted black Exit 8 that broke a new black Kitty string. Mgiroux77 told me to take a piece of leather and rub at the catch zone. That piece of leather looked like patent leather when I was done. The yo-yo made the leather super shiny. The yo-yo looked the same, but never broke another string. Mgiroux77 is on the ball with his yo-yo game. Keep up the good work.

Otherwise, I’ve never broken a string. I try to change them when I should to avoid issues. Black string turns a bit dull, greyish, and a bit fuzzy with use, so it’s easy to tell when I need a change. I have some YYF bulk string, and slick 6, but never had any issues with them. I don’t sweat it though, it’s all string and susceptible to breaking anyway.

My DRAGON from Toxic Strings broke on me once…after 5 months of play.

1 Like

DANG

I had my chief bust through two YYE strings same day… Put Ammo on it hasn’t happened since. I will try the leather fix if it happens again!

The only time I’ve had 100% Poly string of any brand break was when my yoyo had a scratch and cut it, and when I did an eli hop under the ceiling fan.

nope never broke any… i use kitty and change it when it looks super frayed and looses its broken in feel. like the feel right after you put it on and throw for about 5 minutes…
my one friend who throws every now and then breaks them like crazy. i think its cause he gets the tension all messed up on them (newbie thower) or because he has super sweaty/dirty hands. (YUCK!)

Same thing happened with my Super G, but I used a sock to rub down the yoyo.

If you guys want to rub a blasted yo-yo with a piece of leather, I always have scrap leather lying around and will send you a piece…no charge. It worked for me. Just PM me if you’re interested. It beats using a nice belt or something.

I got home today and picked up my protostar with 100% poly yoyoexpert string, and i threw it once, twice, and on the third throw the string broke and (again) the yoyo almost broke a window. Good thing it missed by a few inches.