Poll: Most enjoyed trick types 1A

feel free to answer multiple times!!
what’s your favorite categories of tricks (1A)

• Slacks / whips
  • Techy
  • Speedy
  • Horizontals
  • Grinds
  • Regens
  • Responsive /Old skool
  • Front style
  • Hops
  • Funky Binds
  • Rejections
  • weird stuff not listed
0 voters
4 Likes

I really like tension elements the best right now and I’m not exactly sure where that fits in here but they’re just super satisfying to land and I like the sound of the string popping off the Yoyo and whipping around. They’re like slack and whips but don’t use a pinch like most slacks and aren’t really like a whip bc you don’t actually whip the string like a laceration.

I really need to learn to Regen still.

4 Likes

flowy?

2 Likes

same, i learned the basic side to front and front to side style but all other ones are lost on me

2 Likes

Same. I worked on various binds but never actually got to regens to the point now it’s tedious like before I learned to snap start so i guess I’ll grind regens till I nail them. At some point

3 Likes

You loop like that’s all regens are so you probably got this already. It’s like throwing one loop but then doing tricks instead of looping it again.

2 Likes

This is my favorite trick type. You know that string spinning thing you can do with a tower sometimes where you throw the string around and it untwists really fast?

Yeah, I love those.

Here’s a trick I made that incorporates a lot of them. I even do one on the bind at the end! Super fun.

7 Likes

I enjoy tricks that flow the most! The ones that have neat transitions from movement to movement.

I feel like flowy ones are the easiest to remember and keep doing for me!

2 Likes

Yeah just haven’t put the motions together it’s probably not hard just a thing I don’t think
Of and instead bind by default.

Switching styles often already throws me off a fair bit. I was throwing some loopers and without thinking went for a stall which works but the starburst totally feel different. The number of times I’ve gone to bind a fixed axle are plentiful

1 Like

Hops and grinds ftw. Calypso is such a fun trick. That also being said I do really like kamikaze which is really neither until that final hop.

3 Likes

Agreed! :slight_smile:

It is hard to choose, because I love all the elements LOL - but putting it together into an awesome satisfying trick or combo that nicely flows is what hitss (If that makes any sense hahaa)

3 Likes

Dang not a lot of grinders anymore huh? I think it’s such a fun part of yo-yoing, but I guess that’s not my favorite or most enjoyed trick type either lol

3 Likes

Start pumping out the toots my friend!!! Love that stuff!!

1 Like

I really enjoy flowy, techy stuff.

Tricks like Bone Splint, Lotus Bloom, Tsunami Bomb. I need to up my trick vocabulary, I’ve been stuck for a few months

3 Likes

My most enjoyed tricks are the ones I can land. If I had to choose it would be funky and all kinds of binds.

1 Like