Poll: leave the prices of the yoyo sold in B/S/T topics

I see that there is the custom when you sell a yoyo to take out of sale by replacing it with “Sold”.
Honestly, I always thought that leaving (perhaps in brackets) the price at which the item had been put up for sale could be a very useful thing because it sets a market value at a specific point in time, useful for any future assessments.
Clearly I’m talking about the requested sale price, not the real sale price, perhaps resulting from a private negotiation (which should remain so in my opinion).
What do you think about it?

P.S. Kindly, motivate your choice, thanks.

• si, penso sia utile
  • no, non ne vedo l’utilitá

0 voters

5 Likes

i selected yes, but i always take it down… due to the exact reason you stated. there may be negotiations, etc. so it’s really only an asking price, not a fair assessment of market value.

moreover, everyone prices their pieces differently, and for different reasons. and there may be many iterations of change, or not. an owners value assessment could be accurate… or insane.

i want to change my answer.

2 Likes

But where’s the problem?
If your personal evaluations have led you to propose it at an “incorrect price for the market”, the object will remain unsold … and this too will be visible and evaluable.
At what point will you do? Will you lower the price until it meets the expectations of a buyer ?, even of this it will remain, trace … it is not a private negotiation.
If you decide to sell an object for $ 200 and then you will sell it thanks to a private negotiation, would you accept a proposal with a price significantly different from the one you had indicated? (example half)
I honestly don’t think so.
So in any case you will always have references, perhaps not very precise but certainly useful and indicative.

2 Likes

haha suckers you’ll never know what happened in this post!

3 Likes

this is exactly what I mean!

2 Likes

well, it could be misleading, say, if i put a nm batsquatch up for $120, then traded it for 30 duncan imperials…

i still want to change my answer :wink:

Yeah you can check edit history by clicking or tapping the edit icon (which also shows the number of edits) at the upper right, so nothing is really lost here. Even if you edit your post to

haha suckers you’ll never know what happened in this post!

All you gotta do is click or tap the edit counter at upper right of the post :point_up_2: … and of course if there are no edits, no counter.

(There is a small grace period of about 5 minutes for editing minor mistakes where we don’t create an edit revision, but that’s unlikely to be a problem in B/S/T unless someone is buying it that fast. Sorry, buddy, you ain’t a G-sqared drop!! :rofl: )

7 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

also, thanks for the info on edit history

1 Like

Uou are talking to me about an enormously particular case … so it would be enough to have rare particular cases to disclose almost all the other useful cases?
Moreover, in that specific case it would still be incorrect to indicate “Sold” but you should put “Exchanged” and the value would still be correct … because $ 120 can also represent 30 Duncan imperial.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the explanation!
What I don’t know is if this change history remains forever or if over time it will no longer be available.
If it actually remains available forever, my survey is of no use. :wink:

1 Like

It’s available forever. Some sites turn it off but it’s on by default for a reason (safety)…

4 Likes

now, and i’m not trying to be argumentative, devil’s advocate just happens to be my favorite game…

let me posit you this… supposing in our $120 nm batsquatch and 30 duncan imperial example (mib), negotiations turned and i only got 10 duncan imperial and an andre boulay autographed dark magic 2. however, one must remember… there are batsquatches still in stock - this is a snapshot in a time where many variables could be in play… were both bst’ers community noobs? what was ‘nm’?

really, i’m just pointing out that there are a lot of other variables at that moment in time to remember, and negotiations can vary wildly once folks get to talkin :grin:

4 Likes

I understand your point of view and consider your evaluations constructive (the devil’s advocate is always a useful way to find vulnerabilities! :wink:).
After all, if the change history remains available forever, the problem is solved …
Sorry, I didn’t know and I didn’t think to ask for explanations before opening the survey.

2 Likes

One clarification I forgot. If you make a GIANT edit where all the post is changed, or a big wall-o-text section is added, an edit revision is always recorded even if it happens within the 5 minute grace period from initial post.

We mostly did that because of spammers who were a bit more clever than usual. I’ll leave understanding that as an exercise for the reader :thinking:

6 Likes

this has been a most useful, educational, and pleasant conversation. good day to you folks.

2 Likes

thanks, you too … even if for me it’s a … goodnight … :wink:

2 Likes

Is the edit history available to everyone? Or do you have to be at a certain ‘Trust Level’?

Easy to test. Go into anonymous / incognito mode in your browser and try it!

2 Likes

Hadn’t even thought to try.
It is available to everyone :slight_smile: …don’t even need to be registered/logged in.

1 Like

Heck of a deal.

1 Like