PLEASE READ VERY IMPORTANT

My school banned yoyos. me and some friends are petitioning/protesting it. please post ideas

get a s many kids as humanly possible to protest

Did you try to use a text effect for the title?

Also, I ussually wouldnā€™t say this, but maybe its for the better. Maybe some kids at your school, lets say, werenā€™t very good. They were swinging around noctuā€™s in the hallway. If I were a school administrator I wouldnā€™t want kids swinging around metal on a string during class or lunch, (If someone got hurt, they would probably get in trouble too)

1 Like

He who has the gold, makes the rules.
Life could be worse.
Deal with it.

3 Likes

i agree with Camjameronā€¦thats the best idea
get lots of supporters and bug the administrator as much as possible

My school banned them too, and thereā€™s only like three guys who yoyo and no one has a metal, excuse: the string can get wrapped around peopleā€™s legs.

most of the time when things are banned it is because they are a distraction to learning so they do have a legitamate reason to ban them.

When it comes down to it, school is for learning Math, English, Science, ectā€¦not yoyoing. Iā€™m sure there was a reason for it.

I agree, school isnā€™t the place for yoyos. Just wait til you get home. When I was in school they banned skateboards, pokemon cards,yoyos,and dungeons and dragons(yeah, Iā€™m a nerd, big whoop, wanna fight about it?), and I was like omg they are nazi. Now that iā€™m out of school I completely understand why, and I agree.

i just keep my yoyo in my bag and then after school i take it out and show off to my friends (who cant yoyo) and then i bring my yoyo to the park its a teenage park by the way

ā€œdistractionā€

This word, used as an excuse in schools to ban something, often DRIVES ME ABSOLUTELY INSANE! I canā€™t stand when school officials try to use the excuse that itā€™s a ā€œdistractionā€ without any further reasoning. So what, if, I donā€™t know, someone pierces their nose or something; too often schools automatically assume that everyone in the room will be ā€œdistracted.ā€ A whole lot of the time this excuse is just used to get rid of something someone in a position of authority of a school doesnā€™t agree with. I know my example wasnā€™t the best, just the first thing I thought of. It is usually not a legitimate reason, well, that Iā€™ve seen. Other places might be better. But, usually, itā€™s not hard to, at the beginning of class if the teacher sees that there might be a problem, ask if your yoyo/whatever might distract you, and offer to hold it for a bit. Or the teacher can just take it up and give it back to the student at the end of class if it is becoming a problem. It is very rare for half the class to not stay focused(assuming that they would anyways) simply because someone brought their yoyo to school and it was taken up. Oh no now I gotta run in the street with scissors.

Sorry, but this can be a problem at schools that I have been in. It is not just me, but also many parents just as much.

it is not the fact that it a distraction to other people it is a distraction to you i would never yoyo in school. as said above there is a place and time for yoyoing and school is not one of these

Because kids learn so much at recess

i walk to school so i yoyo before they let us in the doors and then after school

As long as you do it in the halls, at recess, or whenever class is not going onā€¦ I see no problem with it. It cant be distracting to anyone if itā€™s not during class time. I yoyo all the time in non educational places and there is no problem with it. A way to successfully protest is to ask why they banned it and politely refute it instead of making a huge deal out of it.

1 Like

I like how contraversal this thread isā€¦ I think you should just calm down and say you forgot that certain ruleā€¦ If you ever decide to break itā€¦

As blunt as this will sound, Ill say it anyways.

Get over it.

Yoyos got banned at my school too. It wasnā€™t because of anyone getting hurt, or any distraction, we were only allowed to use them during recess anyways, but it was because some people were selling them. :-\ Apparently, you werenā€™t allowed to, so they banned them. But 1 day of the school year( the second to last day of school) we are allowed to yoyo that day. So, whys it matter? Just yo-yo after school. Everyone got over it at my school with in a few weeks. Some people at my school even yo-yo BEFORE school starts outside. You have a lot of time to yoyo out of school, so its pretty fair to ban them for whatever reason is happening at your school. ( unless that wasnā€™t happening)

EDIT: ^ from above post, long story short for me, exactly that :stuck_out_tongue:

I donā€™t understand how having a yoyo in your pocket would be a distraction. Itā€™s not like youā€™re just going to stand up and start yoyoing all of a sudden. If there is a legitimate reason, fine. A safety reason I could imagine, like if kids ruined the privilege of being able to yoyo for themselves by yoyoing and hitting people in too-crowded hallways. Although, Iā€™m also that food-sensitive gifted kid who has too many allergies and doesnā€™t like the traditional school system, so donā€™t trust me.