please!!! i need help with rec rev stax axel removal

How do i properly remove the stax axel from the sine// saw i just got one but it vibes kinda bad and i know with OD SEs you can get most if not all the vibe out just by moving the SEs around then screwing it back together so please help me figure out how these stax things works cause i cant get them off

isn’t just a regular m4 axle? I’m assuming it’s stuck with the hex keyhole on the inside so you can’t access it?

The absolute best way of removing a stuck axle without causing damage is to use 2 nuts and a spanner. You basically screw in 2 nuts and then use the spanner to start rotating the inner nut counterclockwise. The top nut acts as a fixer and the whole axle starts to rotate.

If you don’t have the required tools, you can just use pliers, but after you do so I recommend against using the same axle you just removed, as using pliers damages the threads of the axle and in turn that can damage the threads of the yoyo itself if you reuse it.

2 Likes

Just curious about something…. Nothing wrong with trying to be helpful…. I’ve tried it a few times in the last several years…

But, did you notice the question you replied to is over 10 years old?

And the guy that posted up the help question, hasn’t even been seen for over 3 years?

…It would be super cool though, if he came out of nowhere in the next day or so and thanked you for the info, lol😂

3 Likes

someone else might google the same question in the future and could find the answer here so I figured it’s better to leave helpful comments here and there regardless of the OP. also, by the time I looked up their profile and determined how long they’ve been inactive for, I’d have typed more than half of the reply anyways so I don’t really care of the OP reads it or not in the end

3 Likes

I like the 2 nuts and a spanner idea, regardless…

Very good suggestion.

2 Likes

Googling yoyo stuff is what led me here and this is the only place with answers besides reddit and reddit isn’t trustworthy at all. So your efforts are worthwhile or will be to someone someday.

2 Likes

And the answer is quite readily found here

1 Like