Plastic Grind Machine Hubstacked

It was a wonderfull day… when finally. . . I got my grind machine! When I first got my grind machine, I was so happy. I quickly relized that it has all it takes to take you from beginner to advanced. After a long time of using it, I also did relize another thing… this yoyo is a great beginner yoyo, but it does wear and tear. Mine has grown less responsive (bad less responsive). I also noticed that the axle gets loose and my metal spacers are loosish now and my bearing is pretty loose (not bad). Over-all a great yoyo, but if you get serious about yoyoing, you eventually have to upgrade (plastics only go so far). Only thing I don’t like is… the way it’s designed with its hubstacks, you can’t thumb grind. No regrets…

Kinda short and try spacing your information out but overall good review

Haha that’s almost funny. You never NEED anything more than a cheap plastic. (Especially with a good throw) you can do anything on a Speedmaker or Kickside (or other plastics) that you can on a high end metal yoyo. Thinking “plastics are for noobs only” is rather ignorant.

1 Like

I didn’t say that… and once your in contests, you’ll want something more advanced.

Yes you did say that, and no you won’t need something “more advanced” because there really isn’t anything more advaced, only different.

are you kidding? more advanced than plastics in competition? people have won 5a with the freehand zero. jensen kimmit won worlds and BAC competitions.

This is what you can do with a plastic

Fixed.

5a or 1a. Doesn’t matter much. And you wouldn’t consider those “really good plastics?” If that’s the case, then you have a bad throw because both of those are fantastic yoyos. You could also throw the Kickside, Lyn Fury, SpeedMaker, Die Nasty, SFHG, and many more in that category.

Not to be mean, but Apetrunk there was no need to start that arguement. You basically said in your post that he is ignorant. You could have said something like, " I disagree, not all plastics are bad, and some are even better than metal yoyos." Also, sure a kickside for an advanced player may seem much more better than it is. If a beginner gets a kickside, and then gets to the point where he buys a DV888 for example, wut is he going to say is better? Kicksides and Lyn Furys can only go so far for beginners.

1 Like

Well he is being ignorant. There isnt any reason to state it otherwise. I mean really. Someome who thinks metals are way better than plastics are pure ignorant. A kickside can perform just as well as a skyline. Just ask Mi, Ape, myself, Or half the other people on here. But mi would be able to help you the most

Both you and Apetrunk are right. I would chose my pgm over any one of my metals. Look at every Buzzon, Northstar, protostar, Lyn fury and many other plastics can out play the metals on the market. Metals can go up to 500 dollars in price. You’ll never play more than 40 bucks for plastic. Plus plastics don’t hurt that bad when you hit yourself in the head with one.

Joe and Lunatic, yes you’re right about the plastics, but cheese is right about the rest of it. If it sounded like I was trying to make fun of anybody, I’m sorry, but I really wasn’t.

plastics and metal can be good.
metal grinds better , has more spin time / balance
but look at the Protostar one of the best plastics and better then my 888 mint [ my opinion]

It is about the player, not the yoyo.

Give a Champion a yoyo and he will win

Give a noob a yoyo and he will ding it

cheese is right bout most of it i am a pro and i am makin my own tricks and i use an Auldey Regal speed which is a full plastic yoyo and its a beast so pros can do what they do on metals with plastics :wink:

Fady you are definatly correct. Any noob could say that a pgm sucks. But anyone who is actually experienced know how far plastics go.

Trufacts. Thank you Apetrunk! Kicksides all the way.

Plastic yoyos do go so far but then you become beast like jensen kimmet theyre your best friend.

nooooooooo not at all. you don’t have to be a pro like jensen kimmitt to be good with plastics. I can do more tricks on my pgm then on my smoov

POWNED