Plastic Fulvia - Injection Machined Innovative Plastic by Luftverk!

Sweet! Will wait for your response when you compare the two plastic finishes.

not at all. this yoyo has the most silky surface finish ive seen from a machined plastic yoyo.

2 Likes

As a big YYJ Classic fan, I believe this yoyo stomps all over it in basically every way but price. People are comparing the surface finish to machined plastic but I think it feels superior to delrin and much less ā€œsoap-likeā€ and 100% as smooth as any machined plastic Iā€™ve played. It almost feels like smooth unglazed ceramic in a nice way.

Buy this yoyo and youā€™ll probably never need a plastic yoyo ever again.

5 Likes

Has anyone else discovered the Plastic Fulvia rim perfectly fits a beer can???

10 Likes

Youā€™re welcome

23 Likes

I donā€™t know why, but thatā€™s an great Easter egg in a yoyo design.

5 Likes

Also plays great and all that. :joy:

Well done @jeffreypang911

5 Likes

I should try this when I get one :rofl:
Thanks for the idea!

2 Likes

Hahahahhaa Garrett of course.

So satisfying. Complete accident.

3 Likes

Id love to see a cross section diagram of the yoyo.

1 Like

Canā€™t wait for this. A local yoyo store promised they will carry these earlier next month.

Mine is finally out for delivery now that USPS is back to work

1 Like

The blog post shows a section of the full blank and yoyo

4 Likes

So the weight distribution doesnt seem widly different to other injection molded yoyos. So the hype is mostly about the smoothness?

Iā€™m not suggesting it isnā€™t a good yoyo, I know it would be.

I think the biggest difference is using aluminum for the bearing post instead of brass, as well as not packing on extra material for a fingerspin hub like a lot of plastics are choosing to do.

I havenā€™t played a Fulvia but just glancing at the design, it seems like it has a notably higher percentage of its total mass in the rims than the average plastic.

5 Likes

I think thereā€™s more than a few that use AL posts in plastic yoyos, but yes, thatā€™s a lot lighter than brass.

1 Like

Checking out the pictures again I can see that there is a fair bit more rim weight than the average plastic. Nice.

1 Like

Hundreds and hundreds of yo-yos within 50 feet of meā€¦.

Iā€™m on my way out to do some shopping.

I always take a yo-yo ā€˜just in caseā€™.

Iā€™m sitting at the dining room table, checking the Forum.

Watching the skeptics smack around questions about a $30 yo-yo that an advanced player/designer with a stellar history spent hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars, over a period of months and testing, before he concluded ā€˜it was ready to releaseā€™.

Full knowing that no matter how much he ā€˜didnā€™t chargeā€™ for the yo-yoā€¦. And no matter how well it played, that there would still be a small contingent of ā€˜Doubting Thomasā€™s that have contrasting ideas about what level of plastic perfection Jeffrey achieved.

The key element in this release is that Jeffrey ā€˜knewā€™ it was ready. He knew he dialed in the winning formula and you will too once you try one.

Time to go shopping, nowā€¦

Taking my Cream Beast with me>

16 Likes

How is the Plastic Fulvia compared to the Speedaholic XX?

Iā€™m surprised I donā€™t see more comparisons between the two even though both yoyos are very similar in terms of price point, performance, quality and how much the community raves about them.

Also, Iā€™m curious if the Speedaholic XX has a brass bearing post, because it seems like the aluminium bearing post in the Plastic Fulvia is a big selling point.

3 Likes

All of the plastic yoyos where the metal hub goes fully through the cup use aluminum as far as I can tell. Itā€™s the over-molded designs (SF PLSTC, Recess First Base) that use a brass post.

5 Likes