Plastic Fulvia - Injection Machined Innovative Plastic by Luftverk!

SAMPLE

The very first time we threw the plastic prototype that Luftverk was quietly showing at the National YoYo Contest our jaws dropped. It played so amazingly smooth and solid it felt like it had to be made out of a new material. Dense and precise like metal but with a fun and relaxed feel that only plastic can deliver this yoyo is a true merging of the best of two worlds in one incredible design. This could be the yoyo of the year!

DSC_1959_1024x1024

From Luftverk:

This is the Plastic Fulvia, an “Injection Machined” yoyo which is a technique that achieves that classic yoyojam over molded bearing seat feel but the quality of a premium machined aluminum.

DSC_1521_1024x1024

It is first injection molded into a large plastic blank then the profile is completely CNC machined. This is an independently funded project that I have dumped a monumental amount of money into, so it’s pretty surreal to see it completed! The R&D, prototyping and testing for this product has been so insane.

DSC_1061_1024x1024

I made a blog post about the complex manufacturing process, design struggles and the benefits of this manufacturing technology which can be found in the blog post.

Available starting Sunday 12/18/22 at 8PM ET!

32 Likes

Very excited about this one.

5 Likes

Yo everyone needs to buy one of these. They are insaneeeee especially at the price point. Picked up two and they are dead smooth and play as well as any of the mono metal aluminums I have.

5 Likes

I hope I’ll get that chance today. Ordered about 2 weeks ago but chit chat delivery decided to hold it for a bit :face_with_spiral_eyes:

Haha I was in the same boat ordered right when they dropped. Just came this morning. Hope yours arrive soon.

1 Like

I wonder what kind of plastic these are made of :thinking:

1 Like

polycarb

2 Likes

Very cool :grinning:

2 Likes

Mine has arrived :confetti_ball: Couldn’t decide color wise so went with 2. Agree with you and the others that have spoke highly of this one.

12 Likes

I am about to fall for this and take it, seems great!
Only on question please, how it is the surface? It is sticky or easy for grinds? I don’t love when yoyos are sticky (like the wedge from Yoyofactory)
Did you tried it in horizontal? Seems quite a good yoyo also perfomance wise, I do really love the aesthetic and colours, thanks a lot :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t normally do grinds but it’s not sticky feeling, actually feels pretty good. Does horizontal well actually. I also was not a fan of the wedge, this is far better in my opinion. As I’m throwing it around like a mad man, I’m thinking you’ll like this

3 Likes

If you’ve used a Speedaholic XX, the machined finish is similar to that; it’s a far cry from the sticky plastic feeling of say a First Base or Mojo.

6 Likes

Debating on if I should get this or a shooting star. I been yoyoing a few months now. Can do brain twister, trapeze and his brother, and barrel rolls. I’m just nervous that I might miss tug responsive. Any idea how they compare or advice for me?

3 Likes

I would get this as a stellar unresponsive and then get a Freehand One for your tug responsive.

5 Likes

The Fulvia :hugs:

2 Likes

Super tempted, unfortunately, I am broke.

I talked to Jeffrey… He said the best comparison would be the slick feel of a machined Delrin yo-yo.

Realize that Jeffrey Pang is an ‘advanced level player. He spent literally months dialing in the recipe for the plastic Fulvia. He does not care for any kinda sticky yo-yo feel. This is probably the most scrutinized/tested yo-yo he has Masterminded.

He left nothing to chance.

Slick as snot…. Yes

Sticky… tacky… grippy….No

10 Likes

What color you want?

I will have YYE send you one for Christmas.

Pm me your mailing info asap. They will ship tomorrow.

No kidding…

32 Likes

I can attest, that this yo-yo is Fire!!! - The man himself gifted me one awhile ago, and honestly, the more i play with it, the more I love it! - It is such a powerful throw and holds up to any metal yo-yo I have thrown.

The spin time is amazing, it is very comfortable, and just looks dope and fun to play with lol

Even though it doesn’t have the fingerspin dimples, it actually fingerspins quite well if you do the 2-finger technique! - I really love how yo-yos look without the fingerspin groovs (even though it makes it a million times easier to do). It also just makes it a fun challenge for yourself if you can’t lol

Well Done @jeffreypang911 for creating another Legendary yo-yo for the community! This YOYO SLAPPPZZZZ!

13 Likes

Guys you making me dream about one of these so damn much, I know this is the Yoyoexpert forum but there will be any chance to have them in europe? Between shipping cost and what not it will become an expensive one and for now I am not interested to take other throw but a real amazing plastic yoyo is needed!

3 Likes