Plastic Fulvia - Injection Machined Innovative Plastic by Luftverk!

I believe it was mentioned on Instagram that eu stores will be receiving it in the near future. Not 100% sure though.

3 Likes

Yea they feel really high quality. I canā€™t stand the cheap sticky plastic feel either. These definitely donā€™t have that.

3 Likes

Thanks everyone for the kind comments

I tried really hard to channel the same energy I do into my higher end $300 titaniums into something everyone can afford! I worked hard with the manufacture to achieve the matte machined finish you see - it feels like a velvet similar to a machined delrin yoyo.

The response has been overwhelmingly positive so I appreciate everyone for the kind words. This project was a huge amount of work but to see so many people who like it makes it worth it!

Thanks again for Yoyoexpert for supporting this. They were a huge part of making this happen - I wouldnā€™t have had the confidence to do it without Andreā€™s excitement about this project. So if anything please get one to support Yoyoexpert!

44 Likes

Is the finish on these different than other machined plastic yoyos like the speedaholic xx? If so why? Is there a separate process for the finish?

Any feedback on this yo-yo from anyone who has bought one? All the rave reviews are from people who know the manufacturer and got one gifted to them. The people who bought after reading all the glowing reviews seem to be silent. Any thoughts? Or is silence all the review we need?

Happy cake, sir.
I bought one, it will take some time to get it, until there, you would probably get your opinion formed.

2 Likes

Thanks. It is great to get feedback from others before taking the plunge. I am always on the lookout for fine-playing plastics. I appreciate the opinions of those in the know.

4 Likes

I have it and it is easily the best plastic Iā€™ve used. Itā€™s the only plastic that once I start playing it I donā€™t want to stop, similar to a good metal. Definitely not going in a case, sits right next to me in the living room

8 Likes

Yeah, itā€™s a good one. I bought one and have been playing it frequently. Wonderful quality for $30. Iā€˜m not the person who can fully push it to its limits, but from an average playerā€™s perspective it seems really capable. I like that it feels floaty.

10 Likes

Also really smooth and the finish feels nice.

8 Likes

I bought one and Iā€™m sincerely impressed with it. Itā€™s in the running to become my favorite plastic. Iā€™m waiting until the honeymoon period is over before I say that with certainty.

Regarding the finish, itā€™s similar to the Speedaholic XX, but it feels even better for grinding.

5 Likes

Dylan actually bought the yo-yoā€¦And if you donā€™t wanna believe his view then you just donā€™t want to be happy, lol.

Because this guy can tear tricks upā€¦

PSā€¦. Youā€™ve spent 1000ā€™s on yo-yosā€¦ How skeptical can you get over. $30 yo-yo?

Waaay too funnyšŸ˜‚

15 Likes

Hey,

Every single Plastic Fulvia you see has been purchased at full price. Even my closest friends in Toronto had to buy them - unfortunately this is not a yoyo I can send out for free because the mold cost too much.

Even CLYW Steve and Chris bought them directly from my store - they were not paid or gifted to post anything. I donā€™t believe in doing stuff like that. Just wanted to clarify that with everyone.

All units you see in the wild were purchased. You can ask them if you want! :slight_smile:

23 Likes

Sorry; did not even think about whether they were purchased or not. The purpose of my post was to get more opinions about this yo-yo from those that already had one. A bit of attention does not hurt either. :wink:

2 Likes

Heh! Yeah just wanted to make sure everyone knew - I often look for reviews like crazy when purchasing something and when I find out its a sponsored video or review I immediately get turned off cuz its most likely biased.

7 Likes

Well the cold locked up the bearing in mine so I gotta wait for the bearing to warm up/replace it before I can play with it extensively, but mine arrived :pray: thank you so much @yoyodoc for the Christmas gift. Itā€™s much appreciated.

EDIT: cleaned the seat, was concerned because of cleaning with acetone, but it spins good now, is good yo.

9 Likes

i bought one. its good. feels diferent, pretty unique. in terms of performance iā€™d say its right on par (maybe a bit behind) a Speedaholic XX. This aint outperforming any metal, but its so fun, unique and premium that its a no brainer if you like plastic yoyos. Really happy with mine. Will buy another if they ever release more exciting colors.

18 Likes

is the plastic finish feels similar to yyj classic? dunno if you tried one (classic).

1 Like

I echo these sentiments. Itā€™s a fantastic plastic, but thereā€™s some honeymooning happening. Super glad I picked one up I love nice delrin throws and this has that type of premium feel (despite not being that material). A plastic worthy of the Luftverk name.

5 Likes

I have one on the way but Iā€™m expecting the plastic fulvia to be a little more matte. I think the classic would fall in between the fulvia and something like a first base

2 Likes