Plastic Cheatcode

Anyone have one yet? And if so what are your thoughts? I’m interested to hear.

Yes. It’s like an upgraded skyva. Mine came with a stress circle in the fingerspin hub but it’s not impacting play so it’s all good. It’s a good beginner yoyo and it’s surprisingly not a bad unresponsive. It is snappy and comes back on binds quick.

4 Likes

Wait, OFFSET made a plastic cheat code??? :open_mouth:

2 Likes

I’m torn on this one. I might have to order one to see for myself. I have the SKYVA, but I play the Fulvia way more often. Any comparison to the Fulvia, by chance?

Yeah it just dropped

I haven’t played my fluvia since it started cracking but I could give it a side by side see how I feel.

Wasn’t super impressed with the original cheat code but the full plastic one might be more up my alley.

2 Likes

I just gave away my metal cheatcode at club to a kid. I never liked it enough to play it so I figured a kid wanting to rock a brandon vu yoyo and nail finger spins would get more use out if it.

8 Likes

Yeah same…on regular play it simply wasn’t impressive and on fingerspins I actually liked the Shooting Star better…by a lot.

Would love to try the plastic though.

4 Likes

I swear brandon only uploads when he releases a new yoyo

2 Likes

My 13-year-old got to try the Cheatcode at one of John Higby’s shows. He dug it. I may have to pick up a plastic one for him sometime this year.

2 Likes

This makes me second guess bothering with a CC since I have the SS and it’s my favorite plastic BY FAR. Fingerspins are so easy on said throw.

You can check out my unboxing of the original cheatcode on youtube if you like. I filled the whole thing.

3 Likes

You’re the one that convinced me to bite the bullet on the Shooting Star and Iceburg, I trust your reviews, sir!

3 Likes

I feel like the plastic cheatcode is going to be the best budget plastic yoyo

Oh my man. Thank you but please don’t trust anyone blindly :wink:

4 Likes

The plastic cheatcode isnt bad

2 Likes

I follow you because I saw you were a lefty so you address most of my issues with most yo-yos, and it’s easier to follow your trick tutorials! We had similar mindsets on some of the other throws I already own like the SKYVA so I felt like I could trust your wisdom on the SS :grin:.

2 Likes

are the response pads as snaggy as the og cheatcode? also how much does the glossy finish impact grinds and fingerspins?

3 Likes

53mm :o