Pickaxe vs Chief?

We all know the Chief is famed and standard for the clyw line and modern unresponsive play. However, the pickaxe which was largely marketed as a shrunken down chief follows much of the same shape and play style but in a smaller undersized frame.

Am I the only one who believes the pickaxe is actually a much more enjoyable throw, but with not even half the hype? This is not to say the chief isn’t incredible, however.

Lets hear what people think of these two greats from CLYW old and new.

1 Like

I agree. I was blown away with how much I like the Pickaxe, MUCH moreso than anything they’ve put out in the past 5 years.

2 Likes

I sold my Pickaxe not long after getting it. I may have been expecting too much since I love the Chief. But it felt kind of generic and lifeless. There are other smaller yoyos that I would much rather play.

1 Like

Pickaxe flew under a lotta people’s radar because it’s midsized instead of full-sized. By all means, it’s a good yoyo, and I miss mine, but I’d still choose a Chief over a Pickaxe.

In that vein, I’d love for there to be a release of the Beartrap, but without the caps. It was a good yoyo, but the bizarre design really turned a lot of people away, including myself.

2 Likes

Hm I actually agree with that quite a bit, I loved the bear trap but the caps lead me to sell both of the ones I had in my collection

1 Like

I liked the pickaxe but prefer the larger size of the chief. I’ve been playing my advanced scout more than either though.

2 Likes