PGM2 or Starlite????

im getting either one for xmas. im choosing a plastic for 5A. i really like the idea of hubstacks… but does the GM sacrifice playability for gimick?? ive read great things about the starlite… and the glow feature is cool… so… i want to know which one you would choose and why?

the grind machine is really good and durable. it comes in a neon green but doesn’t glow. But yet again, the starlite is a little more stable but its smooth finish will scratch up with two bumps

For the reasons stated by the previous yoyospazzz, I’d pick the starlite for myself.
I like the shape more and the glow-in-the-dark feature.

On my g5+, the hubstacks do make the yoyo wobble a LITTLE bit if I catch and throw really quickly, because the hubstacks are spinning the other way. This is easily solved by taking them off.

Hope this helps.

Yes, Starlite is much more stable than PGM. Hubstacks do get boring after a while and it’s not worth the sacrifice for playibilty.

Plus, Starlite doen’t usaully have the cracking and wobbling problems Northstar does, so no worries in that department.

I would get a starlight

im thinking the GM… and this is why:

what yoyo is that guy using?

You need z stacks to do hubstack catches like he does in the video and the PGM2 is not compatible with z stacks. Personally I own both yoyo’s and love them both for different reasons. They both play relatively smooth and have good spin time’s right out of the box. They both have their gimmicks, glowing and hubstacks, and they both play a little different. The StarLite is a lot more stable and I use it whenever I’m trying to learn a new trick because it just makes it a little easier when you don’t have to worry about your yoyo tipping. However once I learn said new tricks the PGM2 is perfectly fine for performing them. Overall the StarLite plays a little better but the PGM2 feels a lot better in my hand and plays a little faster (probably because it’s a little lighter and a tiny bit smaller). I don’t really use the hubstacks much anymore but they are fun when you first get it. If you want a yoyo that will play up to par with metals and will stay balanced, get the StarLite, if you want a yoyo that will play almost up to par with metals and is just really really fun to play with get the PGM2. It’s mostly preference.