Perspectives on the upcoming OD Perspective

White Woman Saying Oh GIF - White woman saying oh - Discover ...

11 Likes

this one, as an OD fan, is slightly painful

5 Likes

I hope weight balance relies on specific pairings of mis-matched SEs.

9 Likes

Algorithm gone wild.

9 Likes

I am not a fan.

12 Likes

It’s an idea

2 Likes

As the kids say, let them cook…

5 Likes

Unironically though this looks like a lot of fun. Imagine buying a whole bunch of these just so you can half swap them all around for different colorways and whatnot. If you get 2 of them then you have 3 different yo-yos with 6 different color combinations, not to mention side effects.

What’s the downside of having two mismatched parts if the weight and size are roughly the same? Seems like if it’s a OD yoyo it’ll play well regardless.

5 Likes

The lack of symmetry hurts my soul :broken_heart: :sleepy: :cry:

2 Likes

As best as I can tell by measuring the images, the halves are the same width and diameter.

1 Like

100% copping

5 Likes

This looks so fun I love it

4 Likes

44 Likes

This is the best meme I’ve seen on this site in AWHILE lmfaooo :skull::skull::skull:

6 Likes

Putting two mismatched yoyos together in my mind feels like saying yoyo design doesn’t matter at all. It feels like saying that no specific weight distributions or design choices have any merit beyond their aesthetics.

If this is a joke release, then it’s a weird joke that needed a setup before the punchline.

If this is a release to signify that the yoyo itself does not matter. That a good player will be able to do amazing tricks with a bad yoyo, then I like the symbolism here.

If this is a release where people try to make any justification of saying “this plays really well!” then I think that’s just admitting you have no standards for yoyo design beyond their aesthetics.

It doesn’t matter if they’re the same overall mass, if they’re the same dimensions overall. They have different profiles, which inherently means they have different weight distributions. They’re going to have different string break angles on each side, it’s going to want to precess even harder. It being smooth and spinning and doing tricks doesn’t mean it plays well.

shrug

At least the 54 gen. 2 is most likely going to be awesome.

17 Likes

Wait….what!

Maybe it’s actually 2 yo-yos and they are just presented here in a compact format…

9 Likes

Y’all are forgetting a strange possibility. What if it’s really good?

edited: extra word deleted

6 Likes

Surely it’s 2 different yo-yos.

6 Likes

Maybe they will sell two separate yo-yos using the same set of product images mirrored.

2 Likes