Pankratz Customs Anodizing NEW ANODIZES 4/12/2020

Persson is correct. Raw blasted aluminum yoyos are very soft and develop scratches much more easily than anodized aluminum.

1 Like

In response to 2ndarystrings, there are two ways to anodize titanium. One is heat and one is electrolysis, similar to anodizing aluminum.

1 Like

Sorry, a curiosity, what size of microspheres do you do the blasting treatment with?
I use 90-150 micrometer spheres.

@England1414 is a pure artist. He just sent me some photos of the work he did on my life and im speechless.
Ill wait till he posts the photos though

5 Likes

New work has been posted!

4 Likes

You took everything I wanted in yoyo dedicated to Kobe Bryant and made it 10 times better than I could’ve imagined. Thank you SO much I’ve never seen anything like it.

4 Likes

I wasn’t really a fan of Kobe in particular or anything, but that is one damn fine tribute! Im thinking that I need a yoyo or two and an idea so I can get something custom done as well. This is some premium work.

3 Likes

If you’re gonna do it I wouldn’t recommend getting it done by anyone but @England1414. He’s an amazing dude to work with! Now I just need to figure out how I want to display this bad boy!

2 Likes

I was gonna display mine but i just keep using it. My life looks so cool spinning I just keep picking it back up lol.

New anodizes posted!

1 Like

Some amazing stuff this round. Lots of black love :black_heart:

1 Like

I’ve seen photos of these jobs when you posted on FB, beautiful work, and I’m very likely going to send you one or two yoyos. Everybody I’ve talked to says you’re very easy to work with, unlike some famous anodizing shop.

I am curious about the bearing seat. Does the strip process take more material, or does the new color add more material? Isn’t it the former, or do you have experience seeing that the bearing is tighter after everything is done? I much prefer when the bearing is very tight, as this reduces a lot the risk of vibe. When you can remove the bearing by hand, in my (limited) experience you always get some degree of vibe.

I actually mask off the bearing seat when I strip and blast yo-yos so no material is removed in that area. If anything, the process would tighten up the seat slightly.

2 Likes

Brand new batch of anodizes!!

2 Likes

Good stuff in this batch.

1 Like

Yeah really amazing work @England1414 :clap: :clap:

4 Likes

I can vouch for @England1414 work! My Chief is beautiful!

11 Likes