--Oversize --

I know that a lot of people really enjoy the feel of an undersize yoyo, and I recently have too. But I feel like the big yoyos of the community need some love as well. I wouldn’t use one every day, but they are quite fun to use from time to time.

I enjoyed kicking around the Bakemono today:

Now somebody, PLEASE make an undercut oversize yoyo! :smiley:
What are your favorite of the largest throws? Lets get the big diamater love going.

7 Likes

Have you played a Cliff? I would say that qualifies as an oversized undercut. As for favorites, definitely the 420

1 Like

One Drop Overture is one of my faves.

2 Likes

44 RPM Blues all day

4 Likes

Thats awesome! Are those wooden weight rims?

2 Likes

Yes they are, around 70g installed or 65g without, plays very floaty without.

1 Like

Definitely the cliff, one of my favorite CLYW. I can’t think of another undercut oversized yoyo, maybe the tropic spins shipwreck at 57x45mm. The shipwreck is a fantastic yoyo, but you rarely see it on the bst.

I also enjoy the Direwolf, reticulated’s Burm, par avion, and hx5 chief. The burm is one of the most ridiculously fun yoyos I’ve ever tried.

I have played the cliff, its an amazing yoyo. Really awesome. But I’m talking like REALLY oversize. Like Bakemono, Burm, or hx5 cheif oversize. An undercut yoyo of those proportions would be legendary!

2 Likes

Thats an interesting idea. Does if vibe with the wooden rims? It seems like it would be hard to machine wood that precisely…

2 Likes

Could you compare the Direwolf to say a regular chief? Regular chief is my favorite throw for its size, catch zone, and incredible stability. I have an offer for an AL7 Direwolf (would be my first G2) for my SPYY Pistolero that’s NMIB due to a tiny mark on it. I paid $200 for the Pistolero and the seller claimed mint -.-

I LOVE the aesthetic of the pistolero but it’s probably one of my only “collector” pieces and it normally stays in a box so I’m curious about the direwolf but scared to let that pisto go to then sell the direwolf for less than I paid for the pisto ya know?

That’s apples and oranges for sure. All of my really oversized yoyos are occasional when the mood suits me type of yoyos, definitely not a daily go to all purpose throw like a chief. I’ve not tried an AL7 direwolf, but the 6061 plays how I’d expect a big heavier yoyo to play, it feels big in your hand, it doesn’t turn on a dime, is very stable and has a lot of spin and power. My experience with Al7 G2 yoyos lead me to believe the AL7 would have even more of these characteristics, and you’re going to love it or hate it. I think the regular wolf is one of G2’s best and the direwolf definitely plays like a bigger badder wolf, I just happen to prefer the wolf’s smaller size and lower weight.

I really like the pistolero a lot, and the direwolf is more of a niche yoyo to me. It would take a lot to make me consider letting go of my pistolero.

1 Like

I highly appreciate this. You are the second person to confirm the Wolf is one of G2s better throws and I am officially on the hunt !

I enjoy the nickel plated Werrd Sentinel just the same, as a niche mood throw.

Thanks for the response truly it helps!

The vibe is comparable to other side cap throws. These are lazer cut. 44 RPM use to also make lazer cut wooden flat pack Yoyos and Kendamas that would ship flat and you would build like a 3D puzzle.

2 Likes

What does “fist salud” mean?

Its a Japanese based global Yoyo Team and an ethos

From their web site;

ABOUT

“FISTSALUD” is a superior team of talents which was formed in 2012 at 800YOYOCLASS.

Under the leadership of Kazuki Hayashi, the crew has expanded worldwide with members from around the globe.

For us, Yo-Yo is an essential part of our lives.
This tool allows us to engage with individuals at a global range.

Currently, there are many Yo-Yo teams.
However, “FISTSALUD” is a team that not only focuses on technical skills, but considers individuality, originality, personality
and creativity to be a great part of Yo-Yo play. Our teammates all are unique.

Moreover, “FISTSALUD” is not only a Yo-Yo team, but we produce apparel and music as well.

Overall, we aim to have great times together and make sure everyone is having a good time.

1 Like

Reminds me of the Italian word “Salud”, here is a google definition.

From the Latin salus, salutis, salute (a feminine noun) means principally health and safety, but also well-being, harmony, and general wholeness. Italians talk about health a lot, so you are likely to hear the word frequently

Wait now I’m confused if it is Salud or Salute…

2 Likes