Another recommendation thread (help me expand my yoyo horizons)

So I’ve abandoned my Shutter WA and Gentry collections. That means I’m going to try and diversify more. I’ve already acquired a Diffraction, Umbra, Absurdity, and Dove. I have Cadence/ES, Graviti Vulcan, OP Polybius, 543, and Converge on my list.

But my yoyo sponsor @FrankieJR is encouraging me to expand my yoyo horizons. I have a few things in mind based on going outside my spec range of ~55-56x45+ .

I think I’ll have an easier time liking smaller diameter stuff if it’s less super narrow to go along with it, and vice versa if it’s narrower it should be smaller diameter. Like, the Liberty i liked and it was around 52x44, but I don’t know if I’d like something 50x41. Or if something is 42mm wide i have a better chance of liking it if it’s under 56mm as it’s less narrow feeling in play that way.

So priority to stuff that fits these criteria but if you have something in mind you think is incredible that doesn’t fit please suggest. Like the HB is ~56x 43 and i would consider it.

So what are some suggestions of some stuff you guys think I can’t not like that are under 55-56mm diameter and narrower than 45mm? I think it’s better to hear what the community thinks are standouts instead of just going through every brand on the storefront (which I’ve done)

Thanks!

2 Likes

you want the Width to be between what? i know i should’ve just read it, but i’m stupid and lazy. :joy:

ok, the Bi-Metal Superstar is a really fun Bi-Metal. it’s Diameter is 54.88, and it’s Width is 42.60.

2 Likes

i suggest the parlay. very good undersized throw. old school vibe

2 Likes

Eternal throw current. Shameless plug as it’s my signature. But that little guy is a killlller throw

4 Likes

i don’t know if you’d like it, but the UNPRLD Antidote is very fun.

I’ve got a CLYW Bear Vs Man (52.8 diameter, 39.38 width) that you might like. Feel free to PM me if you’re interested.

1 Like

Overdrive draupnir: 58mm 44mm
Chopstick gorilla: 54mm 43mm
Both are great yoyo.

2 Likes

Chopsticks gorilla looks really good

2 Likes

It is very good. It might feel different at first if you are use to bigger yoyos but the C. Gorilla is outstanding.
I think you got a sweet lineup for future interests if you are easing out of your comfort zone.

2 Likes

The SPYY Spyder 2 and Punchline are my favorite undersized throws.

1 Like

Why the change of heart for the SWA? Didn’t you have like 10 of them?

1 Like

The combination of the new WA polished (4 new color ways) and Butters being announced and the arrival of my Diffraction. The former was just overwhelming and collecting seemed more like a burden. And the Diff made me realize every new WA is another potential favorite I’m missing out on to get a yo-yo i already have.

I’ve sold a WA already, one is for sale and one pending, and I sold a Shutter.

4 Likes

I’m really just compiling a list right now. I have three more expensive purchases to make this and next month and just made a few. After that I want to branch out a bit.

1 Like

Word, no worries.

1 Like

Radius 7068 (57mm 43mm) is also a great yoyo. Super easy to speed up.

2 Likes

In order of smallest to largest:
Yoyofactory Heist. The smallest truly usable yoyo in my opinion. Makes tricks harder to land but not impossible. It can even do horizontal if you concentrate, and grind. Will fit in any pocket apart from maybe skinny jeans or short shorts. 25 mm width.

Recess Snack. The first yoyo I had bought in a long time. 38 millimeter width makes it fun sized and pocket sized, all the splashes are spectacular as well.

Yoyofactory Skyline:
Cheapest method of getting hubstacks in a metal yoyo. Shape is nearly identical to the 2008 version, and the finish is very smooth and silky, for some reason. Solid and zippy on the string with plenty of stability. I would get a center track for it, the flat bearing doesn’t work that well. 40 mm width

Radius Nexus (Shion Arayas signature) is a fun yoyo. It is definitely a bit narrower and lighter then what you’d expect a 2x world champion to use, but it definitely works well. I might suggest picking one up to see if you like the shape before you spend more money on the Radius 7068 or Radius OG. It plays quite controlled for a 63 gram yoyo too. 43 mm width.

Yoyofactory Alta: an excellent bi-metal at an excellent price. Super powerful with long spins and looks cool as well. 41 mm width.

2 Likes

Just want to say thank you for aIl the responses so far

1 Like