Big Ol' Honkin' Yoyos

Hey gang! Was wondering about the thicc boiis of the current yoyo scene. Talking about things that are readily available, or could be found with little determination on the BST. And definitely talking AT LEAST 60mm diameter. I realize most of them are novelties, but I truly appreciate a good novelty. What comes to mind?

A few I’ve tried:
Duncan - Metal Drifter XL - Kinda regret selling it, but those camo colors are hideous.
Duncan - Big Fun - It IS big fun!
G2 - Big Boi - Was very meh. Easy sell.
CLYW - Sasquatch (2018?) - Definitely regret selling this one. Handled like a dump truck in an sand trap, in the best way possible.
C3 - Mega Crash - Phenomenal throw, glad I still have this one and will not be letting it go any time soon.
A-RT - 420 - The only A-RT I’ve ever played, and super regret letting it go.
OD - Par Avion - Also pretty meh. Floaty for a big’un, but overall nothing exciting about it.

A couple I’m aware of and curious about:
Atmos - Pomelo - Looks fun as heck, and if it drops again I will cop.
CLYW - Sasquatch 2021 - Was just teased a few days ago but it got my hackles up for sure. Want bad.

***If there is a similar post this needs to be merged into, please do. I couldn’t find one, but also I only searched for about 4 seconds :blush:

5 Likes

i mean this is kind of obvious but the Duncan big fun is really good and cheap.

2 Likes

That’s a major face palm. There is one on my shelf right now, lol. And you’re right it is VERY good.

1 Like

The Bowl XL is very big, 66.00 mm / 2.6 inches in diameter.

2 Likes

Yo I went down this path recently trying oversized throws. Retic makes one I forget copperhead maybe? but several people suggested I just didn’t try. I tried Big Boi, Direwolf, Hx5 Chief and Pomelo

Pomelo is the only one that fulfilled the oversized “feel” for me completely. not the best spin times, but the cups ting like a ti. It’s amazing and fairly readily available for around $80-100 on BST

3 Likes

Metal drifter XL is awesome sauce. So much I got over the camo hahaha

2 Likes

I think the Retic was the Burm. I’ll keep an eye out for the Pomelo.

2 Likes

Pomelo isn’t cheap, but is great (and as @Pinktweetybird mentioned, has a nice sound). Looking forward to checking out the new CLYW Sasquatch that Steve showed last week on their live video. He said it was influenced by the Pomelo so that’s a good sign. The Big Fun is big, but plays just OK. It took me a while to figure out what string made it play right. It’s pretty cheap, but even for that little money, it’s not great compared to what else you can get for that price (or close to it).

3 Likes

I believe when you are saying 2018 Yeti and newly teased 2021 Yeti you actually mean Sasquatch?

Hah! Yes! I should really either focus on work, or the forum, and not both. Probably the forum. Seems a more valuable use of my time. Corrected!

1 Like

as @Pinktweetybird the g2 direwolf is large but was a very comfortable
play…. not large when you’re talking about the pomelo or bowl xl though

2 Likes

Mazal Top Yoyos Gadot is like 70-something mm in diameter.

2 Likes

How big is the Ballsy? I think that’s about 60mm in diameter, right?

1 Like

Just clocked it about 58mm. Close!

1 Like

+1 for the Pomelo. Only oversized throw I’ve played but it’s an awfully good time.

1 Like

Frankly 60 mm is not a “Big Ol’ Honkin’ Yoyo” to me. The HSPIN G&E 4 is 59 mm and one of my favorites.

Here’s a Big Yo…

Dimensions
Diameter: 96mm
Width: 67mm

I have one of these in glow white.

4 Likes

Jesucristo! That’s sick. In a good way that’s also bad, lol.

Burm is full send correct ser

direwolf is supremely comfy to throw. But nowhere near the size of the pomelo or bowl xl I definitely agree!

1 Like

TP Chamalen and Chamaleon Light.

3 Likes