The Giant Oversized Yo-Yo Fan Club

I just got a Reticulated Return Tops Burm and it is giiiinormous, I didn’t realize how large it was gonna be! Here it is next to the Boa (organic) and Puff Adder – bear in mind both of these are normal sized yo-yos, not undersized or anything.

It’s 68mm diameter more or less pure organic … and it reminds me a bit of the CLYW 2018 Sasquatch which is 71.4mm :warning: diameter!

This thing is a hair’s breadth away from being a full on diabolo :rofl:

What other giant yo-yos do you throw? Here are all my BIG CHONKYS in my collection

left to right: Mega Crash, Chameleon Light, Sasquatch 2018, Burm, Par Avion, and Shutter (for scale).

All these are roughly the same “minimum CHONKY” size which is Par Avion size: A-RT 420, Par Avion, G2 Big Boi, Yanasai Scissortail.

16 Likes

How does it play? I am really tempted to get one.

2 Likes

I still pull out my YYJ Big Yo2, from time to time. I also have a MaxiMO somewhere, but I can’t seem to find it. :sob: @yoyodoc :pleading_face:

I enjoy both of them for 1a every once in a while, especially for big movement tricks.

I have a Bakemono too, but I just can’t quite find much love for it. I pick it up from time to time; thinking it might grow on me. I’ve gotten used to throwing it; which was the main issue for me at first. Now I have trouble getting it to bind consistently. Maybe a different pad choice…

2 Likes

It’s not super giant, but the 44rpm blues that you sent me is so fun to play with. Also the big fun and 420.

1 Like

44RPM Blues, 420, Big Fun, tempted to get a Burm, really want a 2018 Sasquatch keep missing them when they pop up.

I’m REALLY looking forward to the CoreCo Mothra.

8 Likes

yoyofactory-superwide

While not Large by any sense diameter wise it was a very large throw in your hand, and if you weren’t good at throwing straight it showed because it would shake like a chihuahua at room temperature.

8 Likes

I recently had the opportunity to try the Berm. I had a lot of fun throwing it around. It didnt feel as heavy ad i would have expected by just looking at the specs. My only over sized throw would be the Dire Wolf… If that counts. I friggen love this thing.

9 Likes

Played one at ECM, floatiest thing in existence.

1 Like

Always liked the C3 H5. Only 65’ish mm dia. though. Nice engravings too.

1 Like

Is that a Wolf next to it? If so can you send me some comparison shots?

1 Like

It is, and i would be happy to:

Let me know if want a different shot.

6 Likes

Big fan of the 420 and Par Avion.

If the Dire Wolf was made state side I may pick one up.

5 Likes

9 posts were split to a new topic: Should you buy only American made?

Awesome, thank you!

3 Likes

Updated first post

10 Likes

Guys I hate to break this to you but the Par Avion I wouldn’t even consider that oversized by today’s standards. Interesting thing I only noticed when putting them all side by side… the Burm is also the widest (by a considerable margin) of the yo-yos in the above picture! Which is why it’s a baby Diabolo :wink:

8 Likes

holy cow. My small hands cannot grasp the size of these yoyos :exploding_head:

5 Likes

That Chameleon is a beautyyyyyy

3 Likes

Oh my god those are huge. I need to try one at some point :smiley:

3 Likes

The Burm is fantastic! I love big yoyos and have a bunch of them - 420, 420 lite, Big Boi, Direwolf, Par Avion and I added the Burm as soon as it dropped.

The Burm is SO floaty and has a beautiful ring to it. It has a VERY unique feel on the throw - you can feel the momentum generate in a crazy way - almost slow to peel off the string, but once you get that baby moving it is so much fun. Super stable and long spin. Great feel on the response as well.

3 Likes