The Giant Oversized Yo-Yo Fan Club

Ah dang I forgot to include the 420 and the Big Boi in that photo.

The Burm is quite unique among its CHONKY peers due to its extreme width as well as being large in diameter. I recommend picking one up if you’re into The Big Stuff©

5 Likes

The Rain City SETI looks pretty big.

1 Like

What are the dimensions of the SETI @MrYoyoThrower?

1 Like

Just because I love it, dropping a pic of my Burm here :stuck_out_tongue:

13 Likes

I was really torn between that colorway and the 5150 and your pic is not making my life any easier :wink:

5 Likes

I feel the pain, there were a few really awesome colorways I liked that made it tough to decide. I think the DBZ reference is what put it over the top for me on this one.

3 Likes

is this the Freiza colorway?

4 Likes

Surprised to not see any Yanasi Scissortail love here! It competes with the Kraken as my favorite oversized throw.

Par Avion’s just slightly too big for me, I think. Totally see why people like it and I love my Saturday Market colorway but just doesn’t feel right in my hand. Also didn’t take to the Big Boi like others did. (Did hit myself in the face with it though! :sweat_smile:)

Edit: can’t wait for my AL7 Direwolf! Size seems just right and I love me a heavy throw

8 Likes

40.6mm wide,
67.8mm diameter

4 Likes

No this one was Planet Namek

6 Likes

Ehhh I’d say the Scissortail isn’t quite large enough to fit the “oversized” bucket? I do like it though!

For me the Par Avion is the absolute minimum “oversized” yo-yo.

:pencil2: EDIT → I got these out and looked again side by side to be sure. If the benchmark is “as big as the Par Avion or larger” – which I do feel is a solid starting point for BIG yo-yos – I agree the following yo-yos meet that criteria and I missed them in my original photo!

• G2 Big Boi
  • Yanasi Scissortail
  • A-RT 420

Scissortail is a hair smaller but it’s too close to call. Kraken … does not quite make the Par Avion size cut.

2 Likes

the Big Boi was one of the best impulse buys i’ve made

4 Likes

I added more photos to the first post of stuff I forgot … it’s interesting how these 4 are almost exactly the same size – what I consider MINIMUM CHONKY – but radically different in shape.

A-RT 420, Par Avion, G2 Big Boi, Yanasai Scissortail.

5 Likes

Nice Blue Eddy, swirl for ~$85 mmmhmmm nice.

1 Like

This tread inspired me to join the over sized throw club!

Meet Sasquatch and Sasquatch Jr!

5 Likes

the flight is very good for all styles

5 Likes

Oh April fools u so crayzee

3 Likes