OVERrated yoyos

How does a primo ding easily?

Well in my time I felt the Bapezilla was sorta overated and when I traded it for my AYYA vrs CLYW then I knew it was, but boy do I wish I still had one! can not reply to factory stuff as I have not now nor have I ever been a fanboy. Also felt that anything from alex kim was severly over hyped, as was that first metal zero. just my 2c.

dm and protostar

OverRated YoYos?
Well, There are A Lot of Them. Im just Gonna Start Out with:

-YYF BOSS
-YYF ProtoStar
-YYF 888(x)
-YYJ Dark Magic
-YYJ Legacy

Those are just some YoYos I think get Too Much Credit. I Know A lot of you will Dissagree. But Everybody has got a Different Opinion. :wink:

No, Primo does not have a lot of vibe. Your Primo does, or might just be your throw, but not every Primo has vibe. Mine is smoother than, well…

Its funny most of the yo-yos listed here are the ones that PRO players CHOOSE to use. Yo-Yo’s used to win 4 World Titles, the yo-yos used by 7 of the top 10 in 1A at USA nationals for the last 2 years but are not good enough for you guys?

Tough crowd!

12 Likes

Hey Ben, we’re not saying they are BAD yoyos. We’re just saying they are overrated. There is a good reason they are overrated, because lots of people like them. When a product is hyped so much it puts sometimes unreasonable expectations that almost no yoyo can live up to.

You said these Pro players “choose” to use them. When you’re sponsored by YYF, is it really a choice? Does YYF allow YYF sponsored players to use other Yoyo companies yoyos at competitions, much less in public and not lose their sponsorship?

^this^

No one ever gives enough credit to the Boss. It is amazing, and barely anybody has it in there collection. I think it is underrated.

2 Likes

I’ll say one thing, I made a statement pre-release of the Popstar that it was getting too much hype, which for the vast majority for some reason (at least here on YYE) it turned to hate. Regardless I couldn’t pass up the price, being a fan of undersized yoyos, I figured I would try out an inexpensive mini. I liked it initially, but now it is my main. I don’t believe that this yoyo was designed to be a main player in at competition level, but I would feel comfortable competing with it. Labeling all of the “star” series in one big lump sum is not giving it any credit, I dont care if the Specs are identical, but of different materials, it WILL play different, ANY minute change in design will result in a completely different product, the only reason they are a series is because they were all inspired from each other, only multiple ideas on the design received it’s own release, you can’t learn anything new if you don’t experiment. A lot of you are blindly jumping onto the YYF hater bandwagon. Grow up, make your own decisions, if you don’t have purpose behind a decision, you are just guessing.

3 Likes

I don’t hate yoyofactory. I’m not following others either. In my opinion, they haven’t been cranking anything out that’s caught my eye lately.

In my opinion, their throws are all hype. The last yyf that could hold up to my favorite throws is the Genesis.

cant anysponsered player have any yoy they want in there collection? i would think they could use another companies in private but i would rather usesered i wo yyf throws overall, if i was sponsered i would use my companies yoyos out in public but in private i might use something else

i know alot of the yyf players have non yyf yoyos they throw. so yeah i think from their standpoint they can use non yyf yoyos outside of competing or whenever they want for that matter. chill out and stop trolling top quality products

1 Like

Hitman Pro. I hate them, and it vibes and sucks for grinds IMO.

Had to agree with that. The BOSS is severely underrated. In fact, it feels like my Hatrick.

1 Like

Now it is Kind of Underrated, but the First 5 Months it Came Out, Iv Heard Nothing but Amazing things from it. I mean, Dont get me Wrong, Its a Good YoYo, but it just Gets Too much Credit in my Opinion. And Ben, We are Not Saying at All that these are Bad YoYos, We are just Saying that they get Too Much Credit. I mean, All the YoYos I listed, like the Boss, ProtoStar, 888, even the DM and L, they are Awesome YoYos, but just WAY too much Credit. :wink:

They were? I don’t know about the Boss. I know there’s only 1 person using it here.
The Legacy… 2 people using it where I am now… And… I only know it as being credited as good for beginners… I think that’s fine?

the first two may be valid, i don’t know. but why are you blaming the yo-yo for you hitting it against something? Don’t smack it against the floor, wall, dog, parent and it won’t ding.

They all exceed our abilities as yo-yoers. Pick one up, Start pushing the limit of what is possible with a yo-yo and tell me I’m wrong. I’m not talking about what you’re capable of, i’m talking about what the yo-yo is capable of performing. When the trick you’re doing is just too much for the yo-yo to handle without blowing to bits, and you’ve done nothing wrong to cause it to blow to bits, just that it SIMPLY CAN’T HANDLE YOUR EPICNESS. Then, you can tell me I’m wrong.

3 Likes