Outside sponsor

why dont people try to ger sponsers out side of the yoyo bubble? i know like mountan dew and doritos have sponsered comps before, i also know some players have non yoyo sponserships that that they promote with yoyoing. so my question is why dont people try and bring in more non yoyo brands?

1 Like

As a complete outsider, my guess is that the partnership just simply isn’t profitable enough to warrant the expenditure. It’s not like yoyo is extremely popular these days, and sponsors are all about exposure.

10 Likes

What he said. Basically, not enough money in it for the companies to be worth it. Yoyoing is a very small niche, so the only companies who are willing to spend the money to sponsor a player are companies who manufacture yoyoing related items. More bang for the buck.

2 Likes

Axe also sponsors contests, fun fact.

3 Likes

as in the deodorant?

2 Likes

Yes, and Shampoo and all that.

2 Likes

damn. i was thinking about messaging monster and seeing if they could sponcer anything

1 Like

lol, you can still try though.

1 Like

i dont exactly know were to contact them and how would i set it up

Here is the contest btw:

2 Likes

I think I saw Steve Brown say somewhere that he had tried multiple times to get the big brands like Red Bull involved. They’re simply not interested. We had Mountain Dew and Doritos in Iceland but idk what the stance is on that in the future.

I definitely think there’s a window for smaller contests to get involved with local businesses, but that’s a lot of work and I don’t know how much it’d pay off.

9 Likes

im pretty sure if we got the right exposure it would set off something

1 Like

I think Sean Perez is sponsored or something with western union.

2 Likes

i know its why said i know some players have non yoyo sponserships

2 Likes

What say you @unklesteve? I’ll just leave this here for no reason…

4 Likes

have you contacted monsterenergy? if not i would suggest contacting them (you have way better resume then me so) also of you did then could i just have a list of the brand you tried to get sponsership from?

1 Like

If I was Monster or another big brand, why would I want to sponsor a yoyo contest?

Just doesn’t really make sense to me.

2 Likes

because they sponser “extream” sports. like skateboarding and F1. as lame as yoyo sounds its still dangerous and i dont know but that brand might buy into that edgyness?

1 Like

I think we might have different definitions of danger…

11 Likes

If yoyo is an edgy extreme sport then skateboarding is basically skydiving without a parachute

3 Likes