Out of the loop -What's a good sub-$50 yo-yo these days?

+1 for Shortcut, Invictus, Krown, & R-Type. All of these are great throws that i currently own with Invictus being my personal favorite of the group. It’s been my edc for the last several months and I’ve ended up buying 3 of them so far lol. Can’t go wrong with any of them, though.

2 Likes

I got white with the red hub. I really wanted the yellow one, but I’m a cheapskate so i decided to save the 5 bucks.

haha fair! White is dope tho also! :slight_smile:

The Topyo Null is also another one worth considering! It’s my current EDC.

Ivan

1 Like

I have the Cloud and the Dove (both in yellow). I like both, but the Cloud held my interest longer. The shapes are pretty different, but I’d also give the edge to the TopYo POM Mojo which is a more similar shape to the Dove (though larger).

The Dove has a really highly finished surface, which for me loses some of the tactile feel of machined plastics that I really love. It’s still a fun yoyo.

2 Likes

@zslane good recommendation. My crash came in yesterday and it’s been a blast to play with. The quality is pretty impressive for the price range too. It’s got next to no vibe, nice weighty feel and a great shape. This will probably be my go-to for a while!

Agreed. The Dove’s finish was a big turnoff for me. Cloud is a fun one and I will probably get another at some point. I have yet to pick up a POM Mojo, but I’m looking forward to trying one out.

2 Likes

I got around to playing with the cloud today and it plays great. The only negative I’ve seen so far is that I had to clean the bearing almost immediately. Within the first 5 minutes I heard the dreaded grind sound and it became responsive. Seems to be fine now though.

Other than some QC on the bearing, the yo-yo has great weight, shape, balance, and is just blast to play with. I think it’s my new favorite plastic.

2 Likes