Orb—Orb—Orb

So I was taking photos of the Moon near Saturn and Jupiter last night. When I checked my photos I noticed a strange blue-green glowing circular object on the right side of the photo that move down the frame and slightly right to left. When I saw this I had a “chill” run through my whole body and something told me to search “orb photos” and the book cover below from a PhDs research project was the first image. The similarity of the books cover image and the “orb” in my photo is uncanny!

Anyone else have any experience with Orbs, ghosts, or other unexplainable metaphysical encounters?

8 Likes

i’d forgotten about it until now, and i read up on it a little bit, but not much after. my wife and i were on our honeymoon july 4 (time period) 5 years ago. jupiter and venus were very pronounced in the sky during that period, so we spent a lot of time looking up. i’d noticed a large glow far in the distance, blue green. i remember trying to look things up for a couple days (based on location in the sky, etc), but then forgot about it.

i’m not much into aliens, ghost phenomena, area 51 stuff or anything like that. cool stuff in the sky is cool stuff in the sky, gives me chills too :grin:

5 Likes

I’m going to say that’s just a lens flare. Or alternatively, do you have a UV filter on your lens? That can cause weird artifact/orb/reflections in nighttime photography.

6 Likes

There was was no editing, no flash, no filter, and no flare.

The PHD scientist who performed the “orb project” research study thought the same thing as you initially, but after extensive study he ultimately concluded that:

“these light circles are nothing less than emanations from Spirit beings”

1 Like

Based on how bright and overexposed the moon is in the photo I would still say flare. The orb stays the same shape/size and moves further downward as the cloud is moving further over the top of the moon. Most likely just moonlight reflecting off of clouds, the moving clouds accounts for the moving orb. It even moves in front of the tree line, so it’s not something in the sky.

8 Likes

4 Likes

If a bird flys in front of a tree line is it not still in the sky?

I’ll take another photo tonight from same position, same time, same camera, same angle. As moon will still be full should get same “reflected moonlight” right?

2 Likes

could you see it when you looked at the sky or only through the lens?

2 Likes

Uh… witches are a real thing too! A female who uses ritual occult practices to generate metaphysical power is by definition a “witch.”

2 Likes

oh I know there are women who practice that but I’m just messing around.:wink:

2 Likes

Only observed in photos. These images were taken with my cell phone and I did not see the “orb” in the frame when I took the photo. If you zoom in on the object it appears to be emanating light from “itself.”

2 Likes

Something similar happened to me. I was taking photos of my PLSTC and when looking at the yoyo it looked normal and through the lens it looked fine too but when I took the photo and looked at it was really strange.

This was taken in the sunlight while spinning.

2 Likes

I love conspiracy theories and aliens and all that. Not just trying to debunk your orb theory, but this just seems obvious to me. And this is the last effort i’m going to put into this one.

So, lined up the moon in all 3 photos, overlayed the orbs. (they’re taken from slightly different angles so not exact.):

Tweak the levels to see some more lighting on them (they follow an ellipse around the light source, just like a lens flare would):

There’s an ellipse of light emanating from the moon, reflecting off the clouds, and producing the orb effect that your camera is creating in the photo.

That’s all I have to say on the matter. Believe what you want, and I have no problem with whatever you decide on, but like I said, this one just seems obvious to me. :man_shrugging:

8 Likes

Thanks for the discussion! I’d only add a recommendation to research the findings of the PHD scientist who performed extensive study on this topic before you discount the possibility of the existence. Just because we can’t see something with our naked eye doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. We know radio waves, microwaves, and ultra violet light exists but we can’t see them. This is simply a function of the tiny bandwidth of visible light that is represented by the “rainbow.” All other forms of energy that cannot be seen are just waves of energy that don’t fall within the bandwidth of our visible light.

3 Likes

Darn. but there are some really good evidence out there that suggest real pictures of spaceships that could not possibly be a lens flair

1 Like

Not discounting the possibility of the existence of this phenomena, just saying I don’t think this is necessarily that.

3 Likes

Don’t forget the US government has stated that UFO’s in fact exist.

1 Like

That’s quite the conclusion! Struck me as humorous. I think I will have to read that though, before totally blowing it off.

I believe a lot of UFO evidence is about to be released by the Pentagon? Some other countries already share such info with their scientific community.

2 Likes

Yeah I bought two of his books! Seems beyond the possibility of realistic coincidence to me that I have never ever seen any “orb” in the thousands of photos I’ve taken, but the one time I do see an “orb” it exactly matches the cover photo of the the text book on orbs.

1 Like

Worth a watch.

Mirage Men is about how the US government used mythology to cover up their advanced technology. It prominently features Richard Doty, a retired Special Agent who worked for AFOSI, the United States Air Force Office of Special Investigation.[3] Mark Pilkington’s book about the project, also called Mirage Men , was published in 2010 by Constable & Robinson.[4]

3 Likes