Oracle vs loop 720 vs match

Hey, if I got into 2A play, which I want to, what would be the best yoyo? I was thinking the loop 720, and wondering how the bigger bearing affects it in the match. (I would like a match because it would be easier to do a half swap, but I liked the looks of the loop 720 better, and there is a deal for them on yyf . Com right now) I was also wondering how good the Oracle was, but was kinda leaning away from it because it uses pads, which would end up needing to be replaced, but I was still considering it. What do y’all think? What would be good for a beginner that would be durable, lasting, and can also handle slightly harder tricks?
Thanks again :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oracle is really good for beginners. When getting good at looping I switched between the Oracle and the match. The oracles helped me to get the loops consistent and the slower loops made it easier to learn. If using Oracle I recommend Kitty Fat.

Both Oracles and Match are really good.
Some other loopers That I am obligated to mention because of how awesome they are
YJYOYO Paranoia 3d
YoYoFormula Blitz Ball

If you would like to try some loopers make sure to check out the Looping pay it forward run by @Captrogers

2 Likes

I haven’t thrown the Match so unfortunately I can’t help there, but I did like the Oracle, absolutely a fun throw.

That also being said, I’ll be the first to admit Looping is definitely not one of my strong suits, but the most consistent I’ve been able to be with it is when I used the 720.

The Match looks like it’s built off the back of the 720, but with a larger bearing, so I imagine it would still be a fun option. I think it’s hard to go wrong with any of the choices here. My 2cents worth.

1 Like

Hi @HappyYoyoer no one has claimed the pay it forward yet and it’s been with the last person for a few extra weeks. It’s a set of hornets and a set of match which are both excellent and fairly different in both shape and bearing style loopers to try and see what you think before you buy. Go to the thread below and claim it if you want to give it a try.

Oracle are cheap and neat for what they are they where my first pair of loopers but they aren’t great. They work but they have drawbacks. Hornets won worlds recently and match are just loop 720 bodies with sunrise bearing/spacer kit. Technically you could toss the hornet bearing/spacers in the match for a bit and get close to a loop 720. Either way that’s an option that might help you choose between what’s out there and affordable

Personally I really like something lp and some people swear by loop ups. In the end they all play similar enough that you won’t notice till you start dealing with lots of maintenance and grinding and make your own preferences.

Hell sometimes I like to loop my pair of old fixed axle rainbow bcs

3 Likes

If no one else is on the list I’ll get in on that. I’ve been wanting to try match’s for awhile

3 Likes

Not really a list just a first come first serve sort of thing. Letting it self manage like the Silenus pit till the starburst eventually start to fail then I’ll take them back to maybe mod to take pads or something. Or they will sit on a shelf to be the glorious duo that traveled till they couldn’t.

Sad end up that’s the reality eventually unlike most pif these will simply give up but if they get some folks into 2a then it’s all worth it.

2 Likes

From my experience, in yoyo and most other pursuits, as long as you have reasonable tools for the job, which brand or model doesn’t matter much in the early stages. I tried nearly every looping yoyo and none of them gave me any noticeable leg up vs any of the others. I got Oracles because I thought that I could replace the pads if they wear out rather than replacing the yoyo when the starburst was gone. I only wish I had the time to put into looping to wear out the starburst on anything.

The only thing I can say is that at least the Blitzballs I got were much harder for me to use than anything else I’ve tried. Others here have said they’re great though, so it could be my setup.

I think the answer in your last question boils down to the answer most people tend to land on: Loop 720 (or any of their variations).

3 Likes

Hi,

I am not the greatest 2a player but i have tried a few

Oracle
something lp
ion cannon (can’t remember company)
and a few wooden loopers as well.

then i picked up a 720 at rewind in tokyo.

In my opinion it is quite a bit better than the others, but that being said, after looping clicked, i was able to do it with the others.

I do not like the Oracle for looping though, even now that i am ok at it. It tends to sleep on you and not return when you want it to.

As someone else mentioned perhaps a thicker string would work.

But i would say. Get a 720, or a matching pair of them for that matter!

Hope this helps

3 Likes

Thanks guys, much appreciated :pray: :grin:

I thought a Match was also a 720 body? To the best of my knowledge a 720 won’t take Hornet guts…

2 Likes

I’ll add my 2c. I wouldn’t buy the Oracle primarily because it has response pads. At the rate I change strings I imagine I’d shred pads pretty frequently.

The other two throws are 720 body with different guts. I’d honestly just pick whichever you liked the look and price of best between them; the feel is a little different but not enough to matter starting out.

3 Likes

I haven’t had my hornets long enough that I don’t remember but I’m pretty sure the spacers are pretty similar to the green spacers on the 720 but I could be mixing stuff in my head I dont have hornets to tinker with to confirm my memory anymore as they went in the looping pif. Either way hornets and loop 720/match/sunrise play different enough it’s worth trying if on the fence between the two.

1 Like