Looping

I WANT TO START LOOPING BUT WANT A GOOD BALLBEARING YOYO TO DO IT WITH. I CAN DO ABOUT 30+ LOOPS WITH MY PROFLY BUT WANT SOMETHING ONE STEP UP. IF ANYONE HAS A RECCOMENDATION PLEASE TELL ME SOON! ???

loop 900s

1 Like

Yep, loop900’s would be your best bet for the moment.

1 Like

loop 900 is very good looping yoyo

while I agree that Loop 900’s are the very best, I also like the 720’s… I could barely loop when I started getting into it heavy, and I got the 720’s first, as it happened…then I bought a pair of every looper I could find, and Ive tried them all except for Sunset Trajectories… I am still learning to loop well, but here is what I learned:

later on, still progressing, I got the 900’s. I found the 900’s to be really heavy in comparison to the vast majority of loopers, though they ARE the best performing. I much prefered to use the 720’s overall to learn with… they are light, very stable, and require the least maintenance, and its THAT simple.

See, I wasnt aware of how much maintenance 2a yoyos need until I really got into it…obviously, youre going to go through a LOT of string, but what I didnt think of was the rest of it… duncans need the Stickers replaced really often, and all the bearingized loopers need a lot of attention to perform well… they have to be lubed regularly, and somehow I seem to get loads of string “friendlies” in the bearings on a regular basis. With 720s, though, I was able to spend a lot more time practicing and a lot less time maintaining. 900’s need a fair amount of attention to perform well, they need to stay lubed, and you wanna make sure the bearing is free of obstructions. They are well worth the extra attention, however, so I dont actually mind.

Now that Im better and comfortable with my technique, I prefer the 900’s and 720’s and Yomega Raider EXs. over all the rest Ive tried. the 900s because they are simply the best, the 720s because they are the easiest to maintain, and the EXs because they are just OH-so-comfortable to loop with.

Now, this is just my experience, and I am by NO means a great looper… so, just from one beginner to another, so take what you want from it. i really have tried to experiment with a LOT of different loopers; first to find what I liked, and second, to get proficient with any type of yoyo.

2 Likes

You have a very nice detailed desciption, very very nice. 720’s do need less maintanience than others. I would recomend the 720 because it is a equal weighted player rather than the hreavy 900. I’d start with a lighter.

1 Like

so there are two options the lighter loop 720 or the heavier loop 900

ive tried 720’s and i realy enjoied them as a complete begineer

YYE is currently out of 720s… :frowning:

Quick question, are cotton strings or slick 6 better? I use cotton and have never used the latter

I’ve heard cotton are better for looping due to their ability to hold up better under friction. (When the yoyo is spinning, but it’s not all bearing.)

Actually my experience is that while playing somewhat better (opinion), cotton does not hold up as well as say slick 8 for looping. Looping is tough on string. I’ve tried 100% poly and did not like it.

^Is that with ball bearing on no bearing?

Both. My Raiders go through string almost as fast as my fixed axle woods. Where they tend to wear quickly or break is at the slip knot, where the end of the loop pulls on the standing end of the string. I’ve rarely had them break at the axle.

1 Like

if i dont have thick lube can i still use thin lube for 2a yoyos?

well no, because if you use thin lube the yoyo will be unresponsive but you don’t want your looping yoyo to be unresponsive

do you know an alternative to thick lube? like a household product or something like that?

Thin lube wont make it unresponsive. Lube increase responsiveness thick or thin. But you won’t get the exact response you want with thin.

1 Like

that would be bad i tried to use a freinds protostar. it didnt work out so well