Onedrop Cascade VS Gradient VS CODE 2 VS Markmont Classic

Which is your favorite. List them all from best to worst.

Alright, I’ll humour you. :wink: I’ve played all of these fairly regularly (have owned all of them) and in order of my personal preferences (not necessarily “highest performing”), I have them at:

1. Cascade
  2. Code 2
  3. Gradient
  4. MM Classic

All are excellent performers. In order of personal preference:

1. Cascade
  2. Markmont Classic
  3. Gradient

I can’t rate the Code 2 since I haven’t tried it.

Any more thoughts?

MarkMont Classic Easily no. 1.

Cascade was boring IMO, and I’ve thrown 5. Each to their own.

My Code 2 has never failed to get the job done. Super stable, the pyramatte finish is pretty, dead silent if you keep the 10-ball in there, and side effects are a nice bonus. It’s a yoyo that I think everyone should have in their collection, to be honest.

Of the 4 you’ve listed I have 2 Code 2s and a Cascade.

The Cascade is very floaty and relaxing/laid back to play. It can be fast but in a smooth buttery sort of way. Doing lindy loops or tricks like skin the gerbil feels like drawing circles with a gel pen.

The Code 2 is my favorite all around throw. It’s good at everything including horizontal and 3A. The shape is comfortable in the hand and both accurate and stable on the string. Also, if you like a more floaty fast throw you can always switch out the spikes for ultra lights.

Of the two I would most often pick the Code 2 over the Cascade but it really depends on what kind of mood I’m in.

Code 2 by a mile. Not only is the guy who designed it ridiculously handsome :D, but it’s stable, handles horizontal great, fun, but totally competition worthy.

1. Code 2 (omg so great!)
  2. Markmont Classic (so fun and comfortable to play!)
  3. Gradient (super catch zone design!)
  4. Cascade (also great, comfy, and fun to play)
3 Likes

How does the Gradient compare to the Code 2 in terms of performance?

How competition worthy is the Gradient?

I own code 2 and MMC(traded away)
code 2 is really suitable for fast play or slacky play and slow pace. super stable, long spinning
MMC is for slow play, not really much spin time like code 2 and just not my type

1. Markmont Classic (very unique string presence, an absolute blast to throw)
  2. Cascade (relaxed and comfortable during play, can still be pushed to go fast)
  3. Gradient (ultra fast, excellent for horizontal)

Sadly, I haven’t tried a Code 2.

Mmc is my favorite by far but i heard the gzr cascade is really good

Yeah seriously, that blast is amazing :stuck_out_tongue:

If you add heavier side effects, will it allow the Gradient to play slower?

Yes. Aside from the stock spikes, it plays particularly well with brass Markmont side effects.

Out of the Code 2 Or Gradient, which one is better for competition play and/or better in spin time, stability & resistance to tilt? Really hard deciding between the 2.

They’re pretty different. Without having them side-by-side (been a while since I owned a Code 2… if anyone is trading one, hit me up…) I would say that the Code 2 probably wins for spin time and consistency. Gradient is probably a bit more resistant to tilt, but it’s a lighter yoyo with rim weight, so if you’re into regens and stuff it can be a pretty wobbly experience.

Pretty hard to go wrong with either.

Is the Gradient better for horizontal?

IMO, code 2 is better for horizontal
it’s lucky for me to get a splashed code 2 for $30 :stuck_out_tongue: