One Drop YoYos Official News

If I just bought an intro…do i also need a nitro?

1 Like

They play VERY different imo.

Intro = Tank
Nitro = Bird

7 Likes

Thanks for the insight!

I took a comparison shot of both Top Decks. The camera doesn’t quite pick up on it but you can kinda see what I’m talking about. The light reflected on the newer one (gray) is more spread out and muted/matte appearance and the old one has almost a mirror shine to it.

4 Likes

Not sure. I thought they were all pyramatte. I think my gray Top Deck (2022) may be shinnier.

Hmm… Maybe the shiny ones just spent more time in the tumbler :person_shrugging:

I’m pretty sure your finish is wearing down (less glossy) over time.

1 Like

I thought it was because the 7075 is harder and the tumbling has less of an effect.

1 Like

Isnt the one on the left annodized? Or can they do washes like that with pyramatte?

I think their anodizer was still Gruntbull back then. They used to do splash colors like this all the time but then Covid hit and they changed anodizers. This could also explain the difference.

@suspense I’m pretty sure the Top Deck and Dang 2 were always shiny like that but my memory is a little fuzzy. They may have gotten shinier over time. Although, on the Dang 2, the ano on the rims started to wear down so it looks more raw and faded than when I first got it. I kinda like how it looks.

3 Likes

My understanding is that Pyramatte is a process of tumbling the raw yo-yo halves in pyramid-shaped media. It replaces alternatives like media blasting.

Anodizing comes after this step.

5 Likes

I didnt know that, I thought it was a different way to dye the metal, but what you said makes more sense. Thanks for that information.

3 Likes

New Burnside 20/20s:

Imgur

Edit to add this note from the announcement: “This is the last of the series of Burnished 7075 re-stocks that were anodized together.”

12 Likes

So the Burnished and Pyramatte are different?

I suppose it could refer to either how the metal is textured or how the color is applied.

Yes, its a more glossy type finish than Pyramatte

4 Likes

Is it a different media in the same tumbler or something else entirely?

different media

8 Likes

The depth of color is insane. Still looking for mint berry crunch:)

22 Likes

Metal for Everyone 2 on Flickr:

Imgur

Comparison:

Imgur

19 Likes