One Drop YoYos Official News

The Top Deck and Dang 2 are both 7075, which tend to come out more glossy in comparison to 6061

1 Like

Nitros are already up in their store. Such an awesome yoyo. Of all of the OD-manufactured yoyos that I own, it’s a top 3 (possibly Markmont P2, Sudo, and Nitro).

Not to thread hijack, but considering those preferences, do you think a Free Solo is redundant? I didn’t get a Cascade which I’m kicking myself over.

7 Likes

free solo is a different animal to the ones you just listed. imho its one of the more performant one drop yoyos

5 Likes

are the spikes on the free solo spikey enough for matador stuff?

2 Likes

I matador them all the time but they are a touch duller than the spike SEs

1 Like

Deep States on Flickr:

Imgur

Clear would be tempting except I recently picked up a second-choice charcoal (edit: actually dark gray)

13 Likes

they’re not the easiest to matador with, but its possible. spike SE’s are easier for sure

1 Like

deep state is so ■■■■■■■ good

1 Like

I agree. Specifically, I find the Free Solo spikes too dull for pull starts.

2 Likes

thanks all for the feedback, i find the minispike SEs a little too shallow as well, free solo kind of looks in between mini spikes and spikes.

I want a Nitro, but I’ll be sad if they come out with some fancy ano versions soon and didn’t get one of those.

ive done a few pull start dna’s but its not easy lol

2 Likes

I either have to grip them so hard that it kills spin immediately or they just pull loose. There’s a balance point there that I can not achieve.

2 Likes

one drop + matador though? the THORN! godly at pull starts lol

4 Likes

you gotta:

5 Likes

i swear this song is 100% an instruction manual for learning how to do matador tricks

“hold on loosely, but dont let go
if you cling too tightly,
you’re gonna lose control”

4 Likes

The Thorn is indeed great for pull starts. And I find that those spikes really focus the mind on getting the grip right.

2 Likes

To me it’s perfect for that. One of the things I like most about it. I have spikes on just about all my SE OD’s (so many years on SPYY lol) and honestly I like the FS hubs just as much.

23 Likes

No other Nitros in the works.

4 Likes

Awesome!