One Drop YoYos Official News

Coming …

11 Likes

You know what I’m waiting for. Go ahead, make my Day. Thanks!

2 Likes

Magnesium SEs?

2 Likes

Are there any technical issues with magnesium SE’s? Would they be insanely expensive?

1 Like

No. Not that.

1 Like

i am waiting for purple SE round, including code 1 :melting_face:

1 Like

They’re there!

5 Likes

again

6 Likes

Micro Caps and Kisses gone almost instantly. Orbs gone in minute 2. Then spikes in minute 3.

7 Likes

Got me some blue and ti microcaps!

2 Likes

tfw APM and ping are needed for skill toys :upside_down_face:

7 Likes

I copped over 4gLTE, big lucky today!!!

(I did lose at the Cabal drop, so it’s all luck!)

5 Likes

Is the appeal of the titanium SEs that they’re just a new material?

I’m not sure I get it, or see a reason to spend $35 on a titanium orb (5.25g) when I could spend $14 on brass ULs (5.2g). Maybe it’s just aesthetics - which I totally get, as someone who owns multiples of SEs in different colors - but the titanium looks kind of like clear aluminum, no?

4 Likes

The only appeal I have is my se get beat up so ti would be a bit sturdier.

2 Likes

Ahh ■■■■ me, set an alarm and snoozed it. Missed them all

4 Likes

clear aluminum and titanium look different

5 Likes

I was interested in the one at around 4g to bridge the gap between AL and brass.

1 Like

For me, it is just alternative aesthetics at a given weight.

Ti Micro Caps (3.4g) are about the same weight as AL Flat Caps (3.3g). I think Micro Caps will look great in many yo-yos, but I generally prefer the Al Flat Cap weight.

3 Likes

Its a small irony that 90% of my OD collection is clear, so I mostly have non-OD yo-yos in mind for these.

2 Likes

Alternate aesthetic, new material, potential to anodize at home easily using nail polish, tape, some 9v batteries and some tin foil.

My appeal is because of all that and I have been an admirer of Brian’s work for years, but could never find myself with a pen of his. This is my way back into a community I haven’t really been part of in years while also seeing it collide in an awesome way with the community I’m currently loving being a part of.

7 Likes