One Drop YoYos Official News

Agreed. I added the Micros to my cart and checked out immediately. I wasn’t going to bother trying to get any more.

3 Likes

same, my one drop collection is almost entirely SM though lol. i just wanted the ti SE’s for my burger lolol

3 Likes

Update on the product page:

more-ti-ses

10 Likes

I’d asked them about it and it was the sentiment that they’ll return. Brian seems to like what OD is doing. So cool to see this collab.

5 Likes

Will look good on the Burger

3 Likes

would have** looked good if i got some lol

3 Likes

Related to OD, I think this might be a 3D printed SE on a 3D printed Deep State tribute (produced by YOYOMAKER with OD’s permission). Not sure about the SE material, but the yo-yos are printed in two methods to achieve different weight balances.

5 Likes

Edit: ok I do know what this is. the “side effects” are being press fit and not used in the way they are intended. We tried to move them towards using the Cabal Guts system as it was designed for this application.

7 Likes

It looks like there is an aluminum insert for the axle to thread into(?)

Edit to add: the inside view of the yo-yo definitely appears to have aluminum where the bearing sits.

Edit again to add again: Many colorways appear to have standard AL ULs (they are shiny instead of flat gray).

2 Likes

I edited above. They are basically using them as a hack rather than as intended.

5 Likes

Thanks for the clarification!

2 Likes

I usually only buy side effects for aesthetics as I dont find myself tinkering with the weight that often. Spikes if I want to pull start on some yoyos.
Bought microcaps since I think that would look great on my clear reboot.

2 Likes

Did we establish fact that it would be fine for Ti SE’s to sit with Ti-made throws ?

2 Likes

no, but with some sort of lubricant between them it should be fine.

2 Likes

I am guilty of printing a YoYo and using se as a way of holding it together. It does technically work

4 Likes

Same

1 Like

It works until you tighten the yoyo just a bit too hard. Cabal guts are not only cheaper than side effects but work much better for the purpose intended, leading to a more durable yoyo.

8 Likes

for some of us, yes. cant deny SE are also collectible.

but the new TI offers new weight alternatives. specially since they are in the heavier side, they provide a silver aesthetic that only came in brass color. its more metallic sheen than clear AL SE.

they are also new shapes. spike looks a little more blunt than usual in picture too ? but that could be just my eyes.

3 Likes

Ti Side Effects sound sexy for my Ti Janus…

3 Likes

They have added green micro caps on the site if any ody is interested.

3 Likes