One Drop Yo-Yos Marquis {Merged}

i already have the form made. Just waiting for the drop. Probably post it about a week after drop so that there are some out in the wild.

1 Like

Hey guys so YYE did a pre release at NER yesterday and I picked up two!  Here is my unboxing:

Do we know when they will be going up on the yye webstore?

Sept 9

There’s a video out there somewhere, but I know all anyone really wants to see are the results. 8)

Do all of these pre releases Come out of the 400? If so, no titanium found yet so odds are going up!

Yes.

Better question, how does it play??

How are finger spins? It doesn’t look like it would be too bad, it has a nice concave cup for the most part.

Flat cup, blasted, fingerspin area isn’t too big. Should be pretty good for fingerspins, maybe 10 seconds on a straight up fingerspin

For me it plays great. Very reminiscent of the M1 and Campfire to me. It’s the perfect modern day pocket throw! Fast and very nimble on the string and very solid player!

Kind of what I’m thinking. I want to get an OD that is good at fingerspins and this looks like it would be decent.

1 Like

I really like it. I wasn’t particularly interested until I threw it, then decided to buy one based on the size, feel, and play.

Solid and compact. Dense and fast. Love the faceted design too, feels great in the hand.

Does it feel like an undersized throw to play? How much smaller than the shutter is it?

The top deck looks like it’d be great for them. Engravings might hinder a little but the cup looks really nice otherwise

I have a non engraved top deck and I suck at finger spins but it works for me

There are a bunch of unegraved Top Decks now as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

I also picked up a Marquis at NER. The guys at YoYoExpert recorded my unboxing, I got a red one. I don’t believe it plays like an undersize throw, in fact, I think it plays like a full size throw that is somehow in a smaller package. It is surprisingly stable, something which I wasn’t expecting.

Unlike Mgiroux77, I haven’t tested the speed. My normal play style is a bit laid back. It is a nice pocketable throw, probably one that will help improve accuracy since the throw is on the narrow side.

1 Like

I remember being amazed at how well the Dietz played for an undersized throw, also based on the Halifax. I’m really looking forward to snagging a Marquis. Just hope I don’t get Nickel, I’m allergic. I always loved playing One Drop nickel throws until I noticed a trend of my palms getting itchy after playing. My mom said she is also allergic to nickel. Would really LOVE to get a Titanium. Would be my first Titanium.

If you get the nickel let me know. I know a guy who will gladly buy it off you. He will give you a fair price, he collects the One Drop nickels.