One Drop Yo-Yos Marquis {Merged}

Love the idea, very cool.

I may get two because I’m hoping for anything other my nemesis (black or clear). It will be interesting to see if there are more things like this in the future other than the mystery boxes we’ve gotten used to. Something like a $100 surprise box which could contain anything like B grades, bearings, lube, etc. etc., and was sold regularly would make for a cool concept.

I will probably pick one up - but, sadly I know there is a 0% chance of purple.

Since this is going to be a world wide release it will be interesting to see where certain yo-yos show up. Could be cool to do a thread tracking where certain Marquis colorways, or the titanium for that matter, are in the world.

Yeah will be interesting. We spent a lot of time randomizing them. May the odds be ever in your favor :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh man totes gettin one! Honestly I hope I don’t get a splash. I’m not a big fan of splash finishes. I like solids quite a bit. A Ti would be epic but my luck in life has always been pretty meh lol.

Quite honestly I don’t care what color I get (well, except if I get the titanium. Which would never happen to a guy like me) I’m just digging the shape!

PM Me if you have a B!ST Tondo F/T

I keep debating if I should just get one or try for two. ???

Get 2 if you genuinely want 2. Don’t get 2 just to try to have a better chance of getting a splash or titanium.

2 Likes

This a great idea. The anxiety of getting one the sweating while opening it. Either way, there is only 400 made and 5 are Ti. If I hadn’t bought 3 other OD this month I would get 2. Cheers!

I can’t wait for this YoYo to drop! I played with a prototype at OD months ago, and I was totally smitten. It’s a really fun throw, and releasing it as a blind box with the possibility of titanium is pure genius. Opening the packaging on this one is going to be exciting.

Marquis unboxing …

the brutality…

Would be cool if everyone that bought one posted an un-boxing video 8)

Hoping some do :slight_smile:

1 Like

The Dietz is a “top 5” yoyo for me, and I always heard the Halifax discussed in reverent tones, so I’m psyched for this. Also, digging the Willy Wonka “golden ticket” marketing scheme. Those Tis are going to become holy grails for a lot of people.

I am thinking about posting a Google Form here, the HSYY Facebook page, and the Throwers Reddit that asks which Marquis you got, which continent and country you are in and what store you bought it from. Then post periodic updates of the graphs showing what is popping up where.

2 Likes

That would be awesome!

The first time I played the Marquis it reminded me of my Deitz in one or two small ways, but the former really is a totally different little animal.

Do it!