One Drop Virtuoso new colors!

8 Likes

Yes! Woot!

2 Likes

oh yes

The Melting Glacier one looks amazing

6 Likes

Yeah, I don’t typically like splashes and washes…but :heart_eyes:

Yeah, it has a really interesting hydro-dipped look to it, but of course, I had to go with purple!

3 Likes

I wasn’t planning on getting another Virtuoso, but that melting Glacier put me over the edge…

4 Likes

Thanks for the support :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I like the Orion… it’s very Spider-man-y looking.

Now I don’t know what I’m getting next: Virtuoso or Kuntosh 5000QV? Difficult choice.

I guess I’ll have to see what colors are still available next month, which is the absolute soonest I can buy another yo-yo without my wife murdering me in my sleep.

4 Likes

QV!! :smiley:

Yes.
lol >.<’

1 Like

Yeah I think I’m gonna go with the Orange K5kQV… if it’s still available.

What do you like about it? Compared to other ODs?

2 Likes

In a word…power.
It’s actually not my favorite OD (that goes to my Legendary Terrarian)…but it’s one of the most powerful throws I own. It’s hard to describe but it feels like a beast in play and in hand.
I did have to upgrade it to a center track bearing…but now it’s super stable, long spinning and butter smooth. It’s binds are snappy…and damn…it’s just so powerful! lol Not even sure how to describe it.

I’ve never used a Virtuoso though…and from what I’ve heard from others, it too is a fantastic playing OD.

lol you’ve got a tough decision to make for sure!!

2 Likes

Sounds like my kinda yo-yo. I have an extra NSK center track ready for my next throw already too :slight_smile:

1 Like

I hadn’t been super into One Drop releases the last couple of years but I love the Virtuoso and Sugar Glider. Virtuoso both plays very well and I love the look of it.

2 Likes

Been thinking of picking one up… What does it compare to? Looks like the Czech point a little.

The Sugar Glider Is great. It was actually my first OD. Since I’ve also picked up Top Deck, which I really love.

How does the Virtuoso compare as far as power and stability? What’s the finish like? I’d really like something that grinds well—I like to do grinds when I’m frustrated or bored; I find it meditative.

1 Like

Not sure if @da5id and @The_Machinist intended it, but the Virtuoso feels like an AL Citizen if you ask me!!!

9 Likes

The Virtuoso is amazing. It’s my favorite monometal and one of my overall favorites. It plays light, agile, floaty and controllable. It also has surprising power and stability, although not as good as the Top Deck (which is one of the most powerful and stable monometals). The finish is a little sticky, so it’s not the best for grinds.

2 Likes

Thank you, that’s extremely helpful. I’ve been going back and forth on whether to get the Virtuoso, and now I definitely will. Probably after the Kuntosh 5000QV though. Depends on what colorways are still available in a few weeks.

1 Like

My clear has a nice finish and grinds great. Is yours a solid or splash anno?

1 Like