One Drop presents the Rally

I couldn’t have put it better than Paul Dang did when he posted this one facebook:

“A great day for the yoyo world!” -Paul Dang

I’d buy this in a heartbeat.

Sure by the literal definition you’re right, but since most yoyos that are celcon are injection molded whereas most delrin yoyos are machined. There’s a big difference between the two. That’s what I was referring to.

Wow this looks really nice! Cant wait for my first “real” looking plastic. However, how can a yoyo be 3 years in the making and based off of a yoyo that was made just over 1 year ago?

Yes, 3 years in the making doesn’t mean we had the exact design back then. What it means is that it took us 3 years to put the resources in place (a new building, a new machine, employees, $$) and to do the necessary research. It took a long time to accomplish and we had to be very patient :slight_smile:

1 Like

I hope it’s on the floaty side. My only knock-around plastic at the moment is a Northstar which is a bit too solid and heavy for my preferences (not to say it’s bad, I love it!), so a floaty plastic would be the perfect addition for my collection. Also, those hubs look like they’d be sweet for matador! Really looking forward to this.

Not completely true. Both Celcon and Delrin are forms of Acetal (Polyoxymethylene) but Delrin is a homopolymer and Celcon is a copolymer

As would I.

Yeah thats what I was thinking, more planning and then making the design.

I could be wrong but it was my understanding that while Delrin and Celcon are both based on the same chemical make up Delrin was machined while Celcon was poured into a mold.

Black with red ano
Red with just grey
Blue with black ano
^vice versa

For the aside in this thread here is some documentation explaining the differences in acetals:
http://www.professionalplastics.com/professionalplastics/content/UnderstandingAcetals_2_.pdf
http://www.professionalplastics.com/professionalplastics/content/Acetal_Delrin.pdf

“new machine”…does that mean this isn’t going to be the only upcoming One Drop plastic??? Are more designs on the horizon?

The only downside to the Sadie Hawkin’s Dance is that I cannot go to the BAC. I am totally buying one of these.

FINALLY A ONE DROP I CAN BUY!!! Yes thanks OD!

I’m so excited that I actually have butterflies in my stomach.

This. Is. AWESOME…

[quote=“da5id,post:40,topic:54000”]
It’ll be very exciting to see what combos you guys do! The yoyo looks awesome!

No, they got another lathe a while back.

:slight_smile: :wink: :smiley: ;D :o :slight_smile: :wink: :smiley: ;D :o… oh sorry, spasms of happiness.

When I first saw it, it looked like a metal throw.