One drop M1

I like the M1 more, cause of its size, and shape. Also, the G5 uses recessed Silicone, basically like the DM part, that little groove, like dryoyo said. M1 has the same thing, but it is a little wider, which is why it can take pads as well.

guys thank you soooo much you have been great guys…

But could you please give me some links of the g5s response?

thanks again guys

I just posted pictures of the g5 reponse. it is the purple yo-yo

wow thanks guys for taking time to help me.

Hello,

I have now decided to get the One Drop M1 yo-yo beacause its cheap and I have only heard good about it.

But my problem is always what should I get with it? ???

And should I lube 10 ball bearings or will it brake?

Thank you so much.

And I’m a great fan of links so any hyperlinks would be great.

Thanks again.

You should pick up an extra set of Silicone Stickers. They last forever, but it is a good idea to have one on hand. I prefer my 10ball to be dry, so I de-shield it and run with through some luke warm water mixed with Dawn soap, then put the bearing in the end of a pencil and use compressed air to spin it dry. Let it sit for about another hour in a paper towel, and you should be good to go. I clean my bearings like this about once every 6 months.
As far as purchasing accessories, you don’t really need anything.
If you want a responsive yo-yo, then don’t clean it when it comes, the thin lube that is already in there should suffice.
If you want it Unresponsive, then follow the steps I laid out above.

Links? well I have written quite a bit on the M1, and this basically sums it up. I already gave you a link to my review.

Thank you so much!! You’ve helped me so much lately.

But on the one drop yo-yo website they have thick and thin silicone pads?? whats the real difference?

Thanks again!

Aren’t you supposed to lube it after cleaning? To keep away rust. In that case, I think you should pick up some thin lube, unless you have some already. And thanks for a more innovative way of cleaning droyo. Good to hear someone moving away from all of those alcoholilc solvents.

Well, the 10ball and some other bearings are the only ones you can wash in water. 10balls dont rust like others, so I’m pretty sure you don’t need lube in it.

I think you should get an M1. It’s VERY smooth, fits right in the hand, and it’s cheap for 60 bucks for a metal yo-yo.

~Steven

But on the one drop yo-yo website they have to types of silicone pads, thin and thick… whats the difference?

The thin ones are more for the Projects, the Thick ones are for the M1 and Mark Monts (they have a deeper recess)
I recommend the thick ones. OR, you can just get both, and go Half and Half.