One Drop Dingo

Alright, I guess today I’m going to review my One Drop Dingo. It’s my first review so all instructive criticism is appreciated.

Stats:
Diameter: 46.00 mm / 1.81 inches
Width: 32.00 mm / 1.26 inches
Gap Width: 4.30 mm / .17 inches
Weight: 63 grams
Bearing Size: Size C (.250 x .500 x .187)
(One Drop 10 Ball)
Response: Flow Groove Response

I ordered a half and half red/purple directly from the One Drop site. My first when I received the yo-yo was, “Wow! This thing is small!” I can almost wrap my hand completely around the yo-yo. Moving on, it’s only 63 grams, so it’s rather light as well. On my first throw I was happy. I’ve never accommodated throwing a yo-yo and happy, but hey, it works. Not too floaty, and definitely NOT too heavy. I threw it through some tricks and realized that I had to work on my accuracy. The gap width is NOT what I was used to. I have a PGM and a Zen 3, so I’m used to larger yo-yos.

I went through a couple of days and I was ready to throw this yo-yo at the wall. I’m not very patient and I was tired of missing the string. After a day or two of playing with my Zen 3, I decided on picking it back up. I threw it and realized, “Hey, I can get used to this.” I continued to throw it and also noticed that it was pretty snaggy. The response is VERY grippy before you break it in. It got broken in and I, well, loved it! Anyway, I’ll quit rambling on my thoughts and such.

Playability:
1A: Beginning on small yo-yos: 6/10 Used to small yo-yos: 9/10
2A: N/A If I had to say, it’d be about a 4/10.
3A: I’m not a 3A player, but I suppose it’d work. 5/10?
4A: Not a 4A player, but based on how small it is, I’d have to say 3/10.
5A: I’m not the greatest, but it works quite well. 7/10
Grinds: Regular version with Pyramatte finish: 10/10 Absolutely amazing at grinds.
String tricks: Don’t move too fast or it’ll tilt, but 9/10.
Overall this yo-yo is awesome. Great job, One Drop! Total score: 8/10.

I never really had a problem w/ undersized throws, because, after using a Black Knight for a week, I got an Atmosphere. Then another Atmosphere. Then DV888. Then Electric Daisy :slight_smile:

Nice review.

Yeah, the Dingo was the perfect size for me. The normal yoyos are oversized.

Thanks, -DG-. I used to have a problem because I was only used to a PGM. Then I got the Zen, followed by the Dingo. I’ve gotten used to it though. I just got a Rec Rev No.9 and a CLYW Wooly Marmot, so be on the look out for some more reviews from me.

Really? The dreadnought would be regular size to me…

I found OD FG pads not snaggy.

Also, why rate a 1/5 a yoyo for 2a or 4a? Who would use it for 2/4a?

Well, I figured that as long as I was listing 1/3/5 A I might as well throw in 2/4 A. There are some (me included) who, when they accidentally drop a GT, use the yo-yo for looping. I’m odd like that.

everybody does that, but it’s not really practical

Yeah, I know it’s not practical, but I do it anyway.

Me too! I have little hands. I’d like to get this yo-yo when I have more $$$…but I also love the Project, decisions, decisions…

Well, I’m just kind of odd. I have no preference. If it plays better, I use it :slight_smile:

lol, I guess ‘regular’ is pretty relative…

Hey odd is good haha.