I would like to start by saying this is my first Yo-Yo review. I am just getting back into Yo-Yo’ing from an eight year break and it sure has changed. I did hours of research and ended up starting with the One Drop Dingo, for two main reasons: It seemed to get good reviews, with very little bad information and it is a small throw so I can take it with me. I have been trying to relearn all the old tricks I used to know and also pickup some of the new ones. Going through the tutorials on this site sure has made it easy compared to when I started and we had to learn by following picture diagrams. I have only had the Dingo for five days and I believe that I have maybe 5-6 hours of play with it and I am currently in the Advanced section. So far I have had no issues with this throw and really enjoy getting back into the sport.
Diameter: 46.00 mm / 1.81 inches
Width: 32.00 mm / 1.26 inches
Gap Width: 4.30 mm / .17 inches
Weight: 63 grams
Bearing Size: Size C (.250 x .500 x .187)
(One Drop 10 Ball)
Response: Flow Groove Response - Unresponsive
- It throws very well. I very rarely get a bad toss with it.
- Great pocket size. It is still very usable but small enough to fit in your pocket. When I first opened the package for the Dingo I was shocked by how small it was. I never thought it would play like it does.
- Large type bearing
- Great anodizing - the green color is spectacular
- Spins much longer than expected
- Bearing seats very nicely and does not sit loose on the yoyo has a nice “click” sound when you install the bearing
- With the smaller size it causes you to be more accurate on your throws improving your overall ability.
- Best priced / performance mini on the market that I could find
- Tends to loose stability towards the end of its spin time - tilts around its axis
- Bearing tends to have odd noises, the pitch changes very often
- Binds tend to slip occasionally - might be more my fault but never noticed it on other Yo-Yo’s
- When hand starting it tends to vibrate - again this may be my fault since I have not noticed it in play
Spin Time: 9
Overall I think this is a great buy. I think you will be hard pressed to find a better mini Yo-Yo in the sub 50 dollar or even sub 70 dollar market that compares. Make sure you understand the size of this Yo-Yo before purchasing and do not expect a full sized throw. Now what are you waiting for go get yours!!!