dinGo review

I missed many chances at getting the Project when they first came out but i have always wanted a One Drop yoyo/wheel.

Being a fan of a smaller sized throw when i heard about the dinGo i was curious. I did the research, looked at tons of pictures and wondered if it would be the small enough for me to tote everywhere and still able to play.

So does it play?

Boy does it ever! When i opened the box i could not believe how small it was. I read the specs and know that it was bigger in diameter to the shuRIken however since i no longer have a shUrikEn i can’t make a direct comparison size wise.

Play wise, these two diminutive wheels/yoyos are the cream of the crop. If you loved the Shuriken then you will love the Dingo. Or there is a really good chance that you might.

I immediately took out the 10 ball bearing and put in a Konkave being that i don’t like flat bearings. however i did throw it a few mins with the 10 ball bearing in it and… yeah i don’t like flat bearings so it had to come out. ;D

PLAY
Using the Shuriken as a frame of reference she dingo is smoother, it goes through string segments with ease. Whips, suicides and slacks with ease however being that it is a smaller shape you accuracy has to be top notch. It will not forgive sloppy play.

The only thing that worried me for a min or two was the flow groove response. When doing certain maneuvers it would cause the yoyo to come back sooner than expected. I have been throwing it now for 4 days and it has smoothed out somewhat.

I might use flowable silicone later on since i heard that flowgrooved oNe droPs will accept it, but for now i’m using the stock response pads.

SPIN
I can’t wait to see how this thing plays with a ceramic bearing, because if this thing sleeps the way it does with a standard Konkave i can’t wait to see what it will do if i upgrade. When you throw this thing and it just purrs. Massive rim weight for such a small wheel, but not so much rim weight that would make it tilt uncontrollably, it just sits there at the bottom of the string spinning.

SIZE
It’s mini but doesn’t feel that way. Just like the Shuriken it plays like (if not better) than a regular sized throw.

SHAPE
Modified is a shape that doesn’t get much love these days, like the imperial shape. I guess it’s easier to use butterfly’s with gaps the size of 4 lane highways, or the ever increasingly popular h-shape. In this day and age it’s nice to see a company come out with an under used wheel/yoyo shape. That being said, if you need something with a bigger gap then this might not be the yoyo for u.

STRING GAP
With the last paragraph stating the obvious, it is a modified shape so the gap isn’t going to be huge though it’s big enough to get the job done. The dinGo will force you to be more accurate with your throwing, and that should never be a bad thing.

COST
I kinda feel like i stole this from oNe droP. At 50 dollars, i feel as if i got every cent worth of my money that i spent and then some. This is third time that i’ve purchased a metal yoyo and didn’t feel like i wasted my money. The other two times is when i bought my Shurikens and my Eetsit. I do plan to buy another one of these things in a few weeks. Just so i can have a different color.

SPECS
63 GRAMS in weight
46mm in diameter
32 inches in width. yeah it’s small but not tOO small.

Well thanks for your time, and I hope my review has been somewhat helpful.

Not bad. not bad at all. watch your spelling, though. makes it look a lot more professional. ;D

Ok benyo I was in a hurry but i went back and cleaned it up a little. :wink:

Just a point you said this is 32 inches wide? correct me if i’m wrong but isn’t that over 2 feet?

yeah such a small gap i can hardly believe it.