One Drop Code 1 Problem?

Not sure if this is in the right section or not. Let me know if it is or not, though.

I got my Code 1 a few weeks ago, and it was really smooth and great for like a week. Then it just got all loud and not nearly as smooth. It still spins pretty well, but it even sometimes pops up while im doing a slack or something. It’s really annoying, especially since it is the only yoyo I own right now. I know a lot of people are gonna say to just play with it and it should go back to normal soon, cause it is breaking in, but it has been like this for almost 2 weeks now. I tried spinning the bearing with my finger, and I have been playing with it a lot. It just stays kind of loud, and it’s not really fun to throw anymore. Anybody got any suggestions? Thanks. :slight_smile:

I’ve had this happen occasionally. This is what I do:

1. Check to be certain the bearing is sitting in the seat properly and that the seat is clean.
  2. Place a drop of thin lube in the bearing. It will be more responsive for a while but often just quiets things down.
  3. Deshield the bearing and clean it. I like bearings to be fairly quiet so I put a very small amount of lube in the bearing and break it in.
  4. Remember after cleaning the bearing to dry it well using compressed air while it spins on the end of a pencil. Canned air works well for this.

If I thought it was terrible I’d just skip to 3 and clean the thing. However, 1 and 2 really don’t take any effort.
5. Try a new bearing.
6. Give it to skitrz.

Hope you get it figured out.