One and a Half Mount

I really need help get the yoyo on the string. Got any tips?

Mod Edit: There was no need to post a poll w/this.
-jhb8426-

It helps me if I go into a trapeze then pop the throw hand out to the side to bounce the yoyo out over the throw hand. It’s how I usually get to the 1.5 because I still have problem throwing straight into it by hitting the string and not giving enough slack or something and it springs back down.

1 Like

I had the same problem when I first started to learn that mount and just as LongShot said it helped to go in to it from a trapeze. It is also helps when learning it to bring your nonthrow hand up higher then your throw hand and when the throw starts to wrap around your throwhand index give it some slack when it hits the string and let it fall over your index.

I dont know if that makes any seance.

1 Like

Throw a trapeze, pop to the right over your throwhand. Go slowly. It takes time. Eventually you will land it and it’ll feel kinda awkward. From there, keep doing it. I can do it behind my back with my eyes closed. Practice practice practice.

1 Like

This is actually the easiest way to get into a 1.5 mount. Most of my friends that throw learned this on their first try, rather than doing it from the almost double or nothing