Any tips on how to land 1.5 mount?

I cant really mount from under the string because i miss the string and land on my finger when i try to get on the mount. Any tips?

Practice, make sure your staying in plane, if your missing the string then your yoyo is to far infront or behind… That’s really the only answer. You can try to go really slow and place the yoyo on the string… you can practice going from double or nothing to 1.5 using rolls and underpsss… in the end of you try to land 1.5 mount 20 times a day till Christmas i tho you’ll get it. You can post a video of your attempts or pm someone your video and you will get more specific advice, i guarantee

1 Like

I feel like when a lot of people try and learn this they don’t have the yoyo close enough to their throwhand pointer finger - when attempting to go into the mount, try moving the yoyo to the right a bit closer to that pointer finger rather than trying to get the yoyo into the mount via the middle. You can move further back out after getting comfortable with it.

1 Like

Another tip I found helpful is trying to aim the string that is wrapping around your throw-hand pointer at THE TIP of your finger which helps separate the strings so that you don’t land on all of the strings by accident! :slight_smile:

hope all these tips work out for yah - and let us know if you have any questions!

You got thisss!!!

1 Like

One tip is throwing your breakway and landing the string over both hands and basically pausing in that mount until you pop (or slide over) into the 1.5. That will give you time to cleanly do the mount. It’s like doing a double or nothing and bailing out without landing and keeping the yoyo to the right before going into the 1.5. I hope you realize that a 1.5 mount is basically a sidestyle version of the split bottom mount. It performs the same motions.