Omnitron Noah VS Overdrive vs 0.99 Draupnir

Hope you dont mind another comparison thread😁
I spent hours scouling youtube and forums, very kittle info on the noah and 0.99. Some good info on the OD though.

Which yoyo do you feel wouod perform the best? Stability, spin the longest during combos and long technical tricks?

0.99 seems to be your basic size / weight.

However Noah vs OD is interesting.
Noah has titanium rims and is extremely wide (weight on the rims for momentum)

OD is much larger in diameter with higher grade aluminum which equates to rim weight and momentum.

Side question strictly based on physics would the width of the Noah or the diameter of the OD create more inertia?

I want an all silver yoyo that will play everybit as good as my collapsar (or close to)

Its spoiled me, my butter feels like a crackerjack toy now lol…

2 Likes

The diameter of the overdrive draupnir should contribute more inertia.

3 Likes

I’d just like to say that if you really like the Collapsar and it now makes you dislike the bimetal Shutter, it sounds more like you just like the weight of the Collapsar. If you want more stuff like it you’re just kind of out of luck and I’d just recommend being satisfied with it. If you really want new stuff though, there’s more to pick from in the low 70g range. Consider an Aster, MSG, or a Kiwi if you want a monometal Collapsar.

Maybe you’re interested in different stuff, but I just figured I’d throw that out there since you already made the comparison yourself. The yoyos you listed are all pretty different and really don’t make a whole lot of sense to compare imo. But the ultra heavyweight Turning Points do give you large amount of extra spin time and stability if that’s the main thing you’re chasing. And you already have one of the only things existing in that realm with the Collapsar.

3 Likes

There are also the smaller Turning Points that will seem heavier with their more “normal” weights like the Counter Jet or Turning Point II; both are around 50mm but ~66.5g so they’ll feel quite heavy/powerful for their size.

Of course, you could also always go the expensive :money_mouth_face: Turning Point titanium route: Mustang ES (69g), Sancti Grail (a whopping 80.4g), or the Naja (69.8g)

2 Likes

And would you say the overdrive is a better performng yoyo period?

Which would play smoother and faster? I do like that the c3 has titanium rings and is so wide!

Funny enough, now that ive learned some speed combos, i picked up my butter again and it blew me away! Its so fast, and so light! Its like I had no Idea how heavy the collapsar was, or how much slower it is to do fast combos with the collapsar until I started playing with the butter again. My finger thanks me lol

So im back on the regular weight train, but I really want a silver yoyo that performs better than the butter:)

Im going to sell the collapsar, just not sure on the price. Selling with 97 kitty fat strings :slight_smile: PS, Im in canada.

1 Like

The OD is significantly more powerful. The Noah is lighter, faster*, wider, and not a slouch when it comes to power, but no OD. It’s a weird comparison, they couldn’t be more different.

I might be interested in the Collapsar, I’ll send you a PM.

* maybe—the OD can be pushed faster than most people are capable of playing, but it takes more effort. Personally I can play faster with the Noah.

2 Likes

Thank you for chiming in!

• it sounds like I may be happier with the Noah.

Ultimately Im looking for something like my butter but more powerful and longer spinning, and a tad wider would be nice to!

Would the OD be as fast as the butter?

Again you’re comparing very very different yoyos. Jason Liu Zicheng pushes his Collapsar faster than most people will ever push a regular Draupnir or Hummingbird or other yoyos built to be speed kings.

Asking which yoyo is faster is a nebulous question because almost any yoyo can be pushed fast. The lighter weight, and much more evenly balanced weight distribution of the Noah will make it feel lighter and more nimble, more easily responding to your movements and direction changes. But the OD Draup’s more narrow diameter, more extreme rim weighting, and extra weight will just make it much easier to control while playing fast.

Certainly.

Based on what you’re looking for, you might want to try the Exia. It’s wider, lighter, faster, and it’s still quite powerful, on par with the Butter.

2 Likes

I second this :joy:
Every time I saw the word “Noah” I was like: Why not just buying an Exia, saving the extra $150 and doing something else?
Yea they play different, but pure performance wise I don’t think Exia is any worse than the Noah. It also feels more premium to me despite the price.

1 Like

I actually have a raw silver Overdrive Draupnir purchased from YYE a while back. It has an immense amount of power. It stays very stable on the string as well. It plays fairly quick on the string, definitely not slow, but what makes it so unique to me is the fact that I feel as if I have complete control over the yoyo in slower, more controlled tricks in addition to the quick speed tricks the yoyo was geared toward.

A popular comparison is the Edge Beyond and the OD.

The Edge Beyond is less stable, quick, and is less controlled on the string imo.

Both are good, but the OD takes competition to another level while keeping a fun feel.

The binds are snaggy at first, but after a break-in period, kitty fat works just fine with the IR pads.

I did have to replace the bearing, but otherwise, the OD boasts great power, stability, control, and quality.

A great yoyo, but it comes with a steep, but worth it price.