Overdrive draupnir, inevitable

Has anyone tried overdrive draupnir and inevitable, and maybe can share their thoughts? Or maybe compare to a draupnir?

Are these all YYR? Iā€™ve never really heard of the Overdrive or Inevitable?

I have the Overdrive Draupnir, and I absolutely love it. Thereā€™s nothing that it canā€™t really handle, and when it comes to horizontal play, itā€™s simply phenomenal. If you like the Draupnir, youā€™ll definitely like this. It feels slightly heavier, but I think that gives it more character. My only problem with the Draupnir was that it felt a little, wellā€¦ ā€œgeneric.ā€ The Overdrive doesnā€™t. Itā€™s fast, easy to catch, and remarkably stable. You actually have to try to make it tilt. Whenever I go from an organic to the Overdrive, I feel like Iā€™m putting the training wheels back on. But thatā€™s not to say that i donā€™t like organics. Iā€™m simply saying that every yo-yo can be unique in itā€™s own way. Yet when it comes to performance, organics usually canā€™t compete with certain other shapes.

4 Likes

Yes. Theyā€™re new signatures from ryota ogi and arata imai

Is it as fast as draupnir? Haha

It certainly feels that way, but Iā€™m not the fastest player around, so I canā€™t be entirely sure. I actually think it might even be better than the Draupnir overall, but it might just be the honeymoon period.

1 Like

Can you post pics of your Overdrive Draupnir? The official YYR store pics are so artsy and shrouded in mysterious shadow that I canā€™t see the dang yo-yo! :roll_eyes:

Hereā€™s their pics of the Inevitable for example, I tried to gamma correct them to make them more visibleā€¦

image image

5 Likes

i think the inevitable has a translucent body.

3 Likes

Overdrive Draupnir caught my eye as well. I know theyā€™re completely different aside from specs but the original Overdrive was my favorite YYR to play with

2 Likes

Sure, but I donā€™t know if mine will be any better. I donā€™t really have a good camera, and the lighting is terrible in my room.

8 Likes

I got the overdrive before regular draupnir. Overdrive is way better imo, feels like itā€™s got a better weight distribution. Larger diameter is a personal preference but I like it better.
I sent mine to Brandon Vu, not sure if heā€™ll be doing a review soon - from what Iā€™ve heard he likes it too

5 Likes

Stats wise, letā€™s see. Draupnir vs Overdrive Draupnir.

draup over
Diameter 57.0 57.9
Width 43.4 44.0
Weight 63.5 64.7

A tiny bit bigger and heavier. This says nothing about the weight distribution though. Looking at profile picsā€¦

The steel bits are larger and wider, so more of the weight is in the rims.

If you superimpose one over the other, you can see the extra bimetal rim width, and the cup angles are steeper as well.

7 Likes

itā€™s cheaper then the og too

3 Likes

OK! I traded away my original Draupnir about two months ago, so my impressions of it will be old. But this is an ā€œas expectedā€ to me, the Overdrive has a cubic buttload of rim weight (thatā€™s a metric unit of measure in case you were curious) so it plays like a powerhouse. It reminds me a bit of the Edge Beyond but in a more traditional shape.

5 Likes

still waiting for a review of the inevitable to show up thoughā€¦ itā€™s one of my favourite shapes on the market right now.

1 Like

It could be really good, the Anomaly is one of my favorites with that hybrid organic and W shape. The Inevitable is kinda similarā€¦ letā€™s see

I have to say I do think the newer YYR models are in fact better than the old ones. Iā€™m thinking of getting rid of my Valkyrie and Sigtyr in favor of these new designsā€¦

1 Like

oh man I want an Anomaly now. I love the Sputnik but Iā€™ve always wanted it to be full-sized

1 Like

I seriously doubt that ā€˜awesomerā€™ is a wordā€™.

But for the following comment; let me make an exception.

The Inevitable is Awesome.

The Overdrive Draupnir is Awesomer.

Both are easily better than the Draupnir. But that is in no way; throwing shade on the Draupnir. It is a very good yoyo. It should be pretty easy to accept the probability that Yoyorecreation can develop better designs as time goes by.

They knew they hit a home run when they made the Draupnir. Now they are just trying to hit the ball into the upper deck; so to speak.

5 Likes

Why od better then inevitable please explain it to me , seriously

I just got an OD Draupnir and I had an inevitable for a little while. The OD Draupnir plays really light and fast (which I like and I feel most people do) and the inevitable plays heavier and a little slower.

I give the OD Draupnir a 10/10 and Inevitable maybe a 8/10 (this is all based off personal preference for my type of yoyo I enjoy).

2 Likes