Old Thread

Anything by G0RILLA_Yo808 is close to the very best.

Thanx all ;D

Wow very nice review. I have looked at many forums and sites and no one has given me such a review that its like i have felt and thrown the yoyo myself.

I am new to this forum and Gorrilla you seem very respected in your yoyo knowledge. I want to ask you, would you go for a Dv888 or the BOSS?

I understand everything is about prefs but i am super easy and heard a lot about both yoyo’s. i could care less about the rounded or flat edges and the color (aka i would probably love either yoyo i just need help in deciding which haha). I am asking for YOUR opinion and what YOU would do because i feel like you know your stuff either way and my prefs fit both already.

Thanks and awesome review!

haha…thats a hard match up. Hmm DV888 and a Boss, well, i personally love and own both, they play excellent and smooth, no flaws what so ever. Both yoyos play excellent “STOCK”, no konkave bearings (optional) needed, both yoyo’s can accept flowable silicone (if you don’t like padded responses). They are both undersized

Overall, i think its up to you, if you like both and can’t decide, i’d go for both of them. Pick and choose the one that you would like first, save up and buy the other one. Those are the 2 best yoyos from YYF that i love, not even a 888 can come close to the performance of a DV888 or a BOSS. As for looks, the Boss looks like a 888, but without the Hubstacks, some people say that the BOSS plays like a 888, but it’s a tottaly new feel. The DV888 is also a good buy, moddled after the Buzzon DV8, it has flat rims and an IRG for thumb grinds.

Bottom Line:
Like people always say, there is not only 1 good yoyo, but many yoyos. Take your pick or buy both. You won’t be dissappointed by the DV888 or BOSS. Both are GOOD :o and yes “IT’S UP TO YOU, YOU ARE THE ULTIMATE DESICION, DON’T LET ANYONE FORCE YOU TO BUY SOMTHING, AND REGRET IT LATER ON” Remember, this is my opinion, its all up to you.

okay buddy,
~gorrilla_yo808

Though overall its the same advice most have given me,i fell like you have somwhat helped me come to my decision. i am going with the Dv888.

I am going to get either that sweet cherry or violet color.

My last and final question haha, small bearing or large? i have never used a small and i would like to know which plays better

My DV888 is a small bearing, and I’ve pretty much come to the conclusion that the large bearing will give you a more conventional feel that you may be used to if you’ve been playing YYJs. The difference with the small bearing is that it gives you a slightly narrower landing space, so you need to be pretty accurate with your aim. Also, the binds are verrrry tight and snappy, almost surprising at times especially on backspin binds. And since the smaller bearing contributes to a faster spin, the small bearing version may be better suited for grinds, so if that’s a big part of your style, that may be something to consider. I also may have heard that the large bearing is supposed to have a slightly longer spin time, but with this yo-yo, you won’t even need to worry about spin time. It’ll blow through just about anything you throw at it with plenty of spin to spare. I clocked mine at a minute on a mediocre throw, and when I binded it back, I could tell it easily had probably another 30-45 seconds left in it. Overall though, I’ve become very comfortable with both. I wouldn’t even say that one is better or worse than the other; they’re just different, offering their own separate set of perks. The large bearing seems to be more popular, but you can’t go wrong either way.

Agree…

thanks very helpfull. does the small bearing snag tho? like on certain string tricks bc i know my hitman does. if there is no snag then that is good to know. i also hav ea c sized konkave if it needs it (is the normal bearing more than enough?)

Very Nice Review!

Nope, but i’d prefer a large bearing because it creates a bigger gap and makes it less responsive, people have complained that the small bearing version, is a bit to responsive which is true cause i have tried and compared it.

Get the Large Bearing Version, and a KK, however not nessesary, but its worth the investment

~Gorrilla_yo808 ;D

I’d have to disagree with that. I’ve never had a problem with responsiveness on my sb Dv888, so long as the bearing isn’t broken (that’s how I knew my bearing was broken-- because it played responsive :'(). If you keep the bearing lubed, and especially if you get a Konkave for it, should play completely unresponsive much like a shimmed, KK’d YYJ. Now the binds, on the other hand are incredibly snappy. And when I say that, I really mean they are very snappy, which does kind of catch you off guard sometimes. This just might be a difference in our playing styles and tastes, but I personally have never felt a problem with responsiveness. Btw check out my upcoming DV888 review in the next couple days. I’d really appreciate your input.

thanks all of your guys info is awesome.

-And someone told me the Hectic and Frantic are also a sick throw, any opinions compared to the dv888 by chance?

-I dont want to junk gorrillas thread so you can respond in my thread or if he dose not mind here.

Thanks!

And also, Mr Gorilla, I also realised that you have a New Breed. Can you make a review on it?(I know it is not new, so you cannot comment on the packaging, etc. but can you just review its play?

Sure, but it won’t be soon like in a couple of days…I’m really busy lol

:DHella nice review. Imma buy one for my birthday.

really good review!
man do i want that ;D