Best Yoyo To buy under $120

Hey, I really need a less responsive yoyo (i have a duncan throw monkey) that has a way longer sleep time.

im looking at the dark magic by yyj, but im wondering if there is a better one out there for me? my style is 1A string tricks, and i know how to bind catch.
i was also looking at the vendetta by duncan.

i dont know which one to get, because i am becoming better really fast, and i want a yoyo that ill still use as when im close to pro. i do have a preference for metal, but it’s not a big deal if its plastic or something like that. again, my budget is around $100

Thanks for the help ;D

Answer these questions so we can find the perfect yo-yo for you.

1. What size do you prefer? (Big, small, medium, etc)
  2. What shape do you prefer? (Be specific: Round Butterfly, Flat Rims, pointy shape, H-Shape)
  3. What response do you prefer? (Silicone, O-Ring, Hybrid, Pad, etc)
  4. Do you like to mod/maintain it?
  5. What weight is ideal to you?
  6. Does color matter?
  7. How does your style relate to the yoyo? (What kind of tricks do you like to do?)
  8. What is your price range?
  9. What is your skill level?

LOL…IT’S UP TOO U…Answer SR’s Questions…it will indeed tell you your next purchase…

I however recommend a CLYW Wooly Marmot imo…

~gorrilla_yo

dark magic or poket change

1. What size do you prefer? (Big, small, medium, etc)
    i prefer medium, not too small, but not a diabolo size either XD
  2. What shape do you prefer? (Be specific: Round Butterfly, Flat Rims, pointy shape, H-Shape)
    Butterfly, the specifics dont really matter to me, but i kinda like the h shape
  3. What response do you prefer? (Silicone, O-Ring, Hybrid, Pad, etc)
    hybrid, but never tried silicone
  4. Do you like to mod/maintain it?
    no, nothing serious, just maybe a bit of tuning
  5. What weight is ideal to you?
    around 60 - 80 grams
  6. Does color matter?
    not really
  7. How does your style relate to the yoyo? (What kind of tricks do you like to do?)
    im huge for string tricks, so its important it doesnt catch all the time so i can finally get into the more complicated string tricks. (white budhha etc.)
  8. What is your price range?
    free to around $100
  9. What is your skill level?
    intermediate going on advanced
    [/quote]

Dv888

1 Like

I would get a Dv888. It’s 65$ I think, and it’s solid metal. That would be good, but that’s IMO…

DV888, you will get better with this amazing throw.

fanatic is going to be sixty if you can wait. ive played one and its the bomb better than a dv888 in my opinion

dv888 wishes it was as good as a Project 2. Get a One Drop Project 2 and save the extra 30 for something else :smiley:

DV888 is just as good as a P2.

First off the Dv888 just plain doesn’t play as smooth. Secondly, the corners on the Dv888 are annoyingly sharp and painful when learning new tricks. Thirdly, the Dv888 has an axle that will strip out sooner rather than later where as the P2 has a replaceable axle. The Dv888 has a terrible bearing seat that requires an unacceptable amount of force to get the bearing off of. The P2 is a better yoyo end of story.

Then how come I like the Dv888 better than the P2. Does that make me wrong? No.

Its preference.

3 Likes

Did you already get something? It says your favorite yo-yo is a DM. ???

dv888 all the way.

“did you already get something? it says you have a dm”

well, no. i dont know which one to get, but ill take a look at the project two. thynx for all the help btw

No, it just means you have bad taste :stuck_out_tongue: jk. But seriously, the P2 is a better made yoyo. Which one you like the feel of better is preference, but the P2 is greater quality and that’s just fact.

Once again; In MY opinion, the Dv888 is a better made yoyo.

I’m not saying you’re wrong, just saying that the P2 isn’t “better” than the Dv888 in any way

Agreed. No yoyo is better than the other. I also like the Dv888 more than the P2.

Ok, please explain to me reasons why the Dv888 is a better made yoyo. I’d really like to hear them. I’ve given reasons why the P2 is a better made yoyo, but other than “I like it” I have yet to hear how the Dv888 is made better. You liking the way the Dv888 plays better that’s fine I understand its preference, but saying that the Dv888 is made better requires some things that are not preference to back it up. Looking forward to your reasons.